• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Super Amoled Blue Tint on Screen, no true whites?

Really? So then, for example, you think a car with standard halogen lights looks brighter than one with HIDs? Even when the halogen lights are on their brightest setting, to me the HIDs still look brighter because of their bluish-white tint.

I'm not talking about halogen car lights, I'm talking about a blue tinted led screen. I prefer warm whites, blue whites sometimes look gray and dark. Sorry just my opinion. BTW not all galaxy s phones have the blue tint problem.

Upvote 0
AT&T sent me a replacement Captivate...which I have sent back for another replacement Captivate.
While the phone quality was much better, the screen was much worse.
On the first phone, the screen had a slight blue tint, but was very bright and I usually kept the screen less than 50%.
The second phone's screen was sooooo blue-grey, that I had to keep the screen at 100% to read text and even then it wasn't bright enough, and was rather eye-straining.
I really wish that Samsung had better quality control.

Upvote 0
AT&T sent me a replacement Captivate...which I have sent back for another replacement Captivate.
While the phone quality was much better, the screen was much worse.
On the first phone, the screen had a slight blue tint, but was very bright and I usually kept the screen less than 50%.
The second phone's screen was sooooo blue-grey, that I had to keep the screen at 100% to read text and even then it wasn't bright enough, and was rather eye-straining.
I really wish that Samsung had better quality control.

So what is the verdict on your 3rd captivate?

You know, I been looking at lots of captivates, vibrants, and now epics.

The screens vary so much. Some are blue, some are blue/green, some are warm whites, some are yellow, and some look down right dirty yellow dingy colored.

I would hate to replace my blue tint and get one that looks almost brown.

wtf samsung, why do screens vary so much!

Upvote 0
A little away from the question but this is also a reason why forums should go for a black background (atleast for moblles). Whites are firing all color pixels to reproduce the white which eats the battery while black is much easier on the battery.

*Hint Hint* ;)

nice hint, hint hint :) maybe the forum should let each user customize the apperance with darker themes.

Upvote 0
Sorry to revive an old post, but my captivate has a weird problem. It has a square that is yellowish tint, but the border is pure white. I would be fine with it if the border was the same. But it isnt and always makes the screen look yellowish.

I have the exact same issue, yellow tint taking up 95% of the screen, and a blue tint bordering around it (about 2mm thick), it's very noticeable. I bought the phone used, so I doubt Samsung or AT&T will do anything about it, am I screwed? Is there a fix for this? Anyone else having this issue other than Caleb and I?

Upvote 0
I have the exact same issue, yellow tint taking up 95% of the screen, and a blue tint bordering around it (about 2mm thick), it's very noticeable. I bought the phone used, so I doubt Samsung or AT&T will do anything about it, am I screwed? Is there a fix for this? Anyone else having this issue other than Caleb and I?
No one else having this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones