Super Amoled vs Slcd.

Last Updated:

1. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My dad has a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant with the Super Amoled screen and I could barley tell the difference between my Htc Desire with Slcd and his phone. The only difference I could see is his blacks were a tiny bit darker.

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

OLED screens display black better because for blacks, they display nothing at all. The pixels are effectively "off", unlike LCD

4. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

It's amazing how many peoples opinion differ comparing the quality of the screen of the Desire to the Galaxy S.

5. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member

im not sure of the diffrence between amoled and slcd screens as i havent looked at both types. but from experiance of my amoled screen i would quite happily swap it for a slcd screen. some say both are really good but that the amoled is slightly better at displaying blacks. stuff the better blacks, i just want to be able to see the screen when im outside or when im in a waiting room at the doctors. under white tube lighting i cant see a thing. so the amoled might be better indoors or at night but i want to youse my phone in all enviroments :mad:

6. SUroot

Amoled is better at displaying blacks because instead of displaying black, it displays nothing. I.E, the black pixels are actually "off"

7. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Repost? :p

8. SUroot

haha yeah. What's funny is I don't actually remember posting it the first time :confused::p