• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super annoyed at the recent update

aaaaa123

Lurker
Jun 9, 2013
Hi, I am frustrated as I write this as I dont want to spend another 3 hours just tryign to get my phone to working as before because of an update.

I woke up this morning to find a software update on my samsung galaxy s2.

Now I have updated it to Androi 4.1.2 and i have to say, totally REGRET.

All my folders and home screen is gone. What that means I now need to refile all my apps...............................and the worse part is, the android folder arrangement is so user unfriendly (as it always have been). We need to drag each individual app to the new folder and it is extremely slow especially when its only another page.

Is there a way where I can just check all the apps I want and click move to folder??

And this new system, you can't even move the shortcuts and widgets to different pages on the home screen???? You ahve re-add them to the new page? What???? Please help meeeeee, i am so turned off by android..........

Also, how do I change the input method easily from the keyboard? Also................

please help.

1. How did you update? When I updated my Tab to 4.0.4, nothing changed, maybe because I used Kies which has UDP.

2. Try using a folder management app like folder organizer. Open it up, and use it to arrange your apps into folders. The arrangement won't disappear unless you uninstall or clear data for the app. The folders you made can be placed on the screen via adding a widget/shortcut.

3. Not sure on you can't move shortcuts between screens. I still can do that.

Upvote 0
1. How did you update? When I updated my Tab to 4.0.4, nothing changed, maybe because I used Kies which has UDP.

2. Try using a folder management app like folder organizer. Open it up, and use it to arrange your apps into folders. The arrangement won't disappear unless you uninstall or clear data for the app. The folders you made can be placed on the screen via adding a widget/shortcut.

3. Not sure on you can't move shortcuts between screens. I still can do that.

i am not too sure what the version was before. But the whole interface now is different? it 's a pretty major change for me. Maybe my version before was too old i dont know.

And I downloaded the file organizer. And sure I can put my apps in folder inside the file organizer app, but it isnt reflected on the phone itself? I have to into the app first?

And how do i change the shortcuts at the bottom of the home screen. Like the 5 shortcuts at the bottom of every homescreen? I use to be able to jz click, hold and drag it out. Now I can't????? What have android done to its OS..........its totally useless now.

Please help.

Current version Android verison: 4.1.2
Phone: Samsung galaxy s 2.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Upvote 0
For folder organizer, long press on your screen and select either shortcuts or widgets. Look for folder organizer folder link and choose that. You can put the folder on any homescreen. You can also change the icon inside the app.

As for the dock, You mean long press doesn't work anymore? But it should. Try long pressing on the screen.

Upvote 0
did the device previously have Android 2.3 or older installed? if so, then the Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) update will certainly be unfamiliar and for a while i hated it when i manually upgraded a tablet to it from 2.3. i was so used to the way things were done in the older version that it came off annoying and unfamiliar.

as for your apps, it is possible it wiped or did a factory reset before it installed the update, which is better than a 'dirty' flash wherein battery life suffers and partitions go all wonky and crashing happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones