Super Bowl Commercial and the ReactionsGeneral

1. PhilMcGraw

PhilMcGraw Well-Known Member

Samsung Mobile USA - Thing Called Love - YouTube

Alright, so I'm pretty sure everyone saw this commercial during the Super Bowl. Well, when I went online to watch it again I happened to read through some of the comments and couldn't help but throw my head on the desk. I can't believe the stupidity of some of these people. Here are few of the comments:

"the next big thing is a stylus pen?!! FAIL"
    " A Stylus pen? Really? On 2012? Really? :facepalm:"
    "6"x3.5" smart phone, totally pocket-able.... NOT. are you supposed to carry it around in its own case/bag or be super fat and have large pockets? WTF"
    "Seriously, Samsung need more than a stylus to defeat Apple. Wtf they are thinking when they did this? Pls Samsung, I have an iPhone but your phones are great. DON'T F**K YOUR BRAND!"

I don't know, when I read these comments it makes me somewhat mad just because I can't believe people out there are that blind. They are sitting there squinting on their 3.5 inch iPhone screens that everyone around them has and yet they have the audacity to criticize anything that isn't within the norm.

Advertisement
  2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

I like the size and the stylus is a great idea. The smaller screens are hard to read. Plus, a stylus is essential for someone with nerve damage or large fingers.
  3. soonerfreak

soonerfreak New Member

I was ready to grab one of the new HTC quad core phones or maybe the GSIII since my upgrade should be after both in May but I love the large screen and stylus and may grab it should it come to sprint. *crosses fingers* This commercial really put me over the edge, The Darkness and Urlacher helped. AS for comments all I saw was the stylus nonsense.
  4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

The Pen is why I'm going to replace my iphone that I'm using for my busines line and second phone . I'm going to love doing inventory and taking notes with that pen. Also when I take credit cards remotely I can have them sign right on the screen with a pen instead of there finger . The large size is going to make everything much easier for me to run my business .. And save me some money from having two data plans.. Orginally I was going to have the work line and a 4g 7in tablet now instead of that I'll have one device a PhoneTablet so it will save me around $40 a month

I just need it to come to Verizon as rumored
  5. bucsfan

bucsfan Well-Known Member

I am going insane waiting for this phone I don't think I have been this excited about a electronic device in a long time lol
  6. I don't think a 5.3'' display phone is good for me,even though I like larger screen too.
  7. bucsfan

bucsfan Well-Known Member

lol why you trollin you bored
  8. murphy_31047

murphy_31047 Active Member

good to know nerve damage effects the use of a capacitive screen never knew that. I was wondering why the screen didnt work sometimes when I used my left index finger. it got crushed and reconstructed, massive nerve damage. thought it was just the phone this whole time.
  9. lindenhurst

lindenhurst Active Member

Those comments are probably from the Macrumors.com forum, where most people are iPhone owners. I am also an iPhone owner, but I did order the note Some people just don't have an open mind, and many on that forum are blinded by Apple. I got to admit that I love my iPhone and only ordered the note because I wanted a larger screen. If android is a terrible experience for me, it goes back. We'll see.
  10. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I love The Darkness and this phone so it was awesome IMO. Already had an argument with my iSheep friends about the s-pen.
  11. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

they accomplished their goal...

people are talking about it...and more than half of the isheep will check it out ...

they just won't admit to it :)

I do find it interesting that they chose a very vague approach...with such a large audience, leading them to wonder and research the device themselves.

This is actually something we tried with our advertising last year..no pricing, very little info at all.

It generated a 40% increase in sales.

go figure
  12. Starwind

Starwind Member

Commercial was a lil over the top.. Considering the next big thing is already here and I'm still waiting for it.. Meh.. I just want the phone already!!!
  13. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

If you guys are not aware, they have a contest on the Facebook page...giving away notes and props from the commercial
  14. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I entered. I'd love to win one and keep more of my tax return!