• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root super clean .4 in rom manager...

-First off, is Geekniks StupidFast v1.54 the best on out there right now is there a better DJ05?
-Secondly, Can Jt's super clean rom be combined with geekniks StupidFast v1.54 DJ05? I know people were saying there's alot of issues utilizing DI0! roms with DJ05...

I bricked my phone yesterday beyond repair:( lol. So the store gave me a new one and I'm already rooted, just trying to figure out where to go. I bricked it because I tried changing my kernal from 1.2 to a 1.0 uv, but like an IDIOT forgot to turn off the voodoo. So that caused me to have no memory, and TWLauncher was gone, so when I flashed Odin I couldn't get it back and kept getting force close issues. So, chalk my 1st official brick up haha.

-First off, is Geekniks StupidFast v1.54 the best on out there right now is there a better DJ05?
-Secondly, Can Jt's super clean rom be combined with geekniks StupidFast v1.54 DJ05? I know people were saying there's alot of issues utilizing DI0! roms with DJ05...

I bricked my phone yesterday beyond repair:( lol. So the store gave me a new one and I'm already rooted, just trying to figure out where to go. I bricked it because I tried changing my kernal from 1.2 to a 1.0 uv, but like an IDIOT forgot to turn off the voodoo. So that caused me to have no memory, and TWLauncher was gone, so when I flashed Odin I couldn't get it back and kept getting force close issues. So, chalk my 1st official brick up haha.

no, it wasnt bricked beyond repair and we could have talked you through a not too difficult fix (im very against returning "bricked" phones)

and yes you "can" use dj05 kernels with di01 roms but you have no haptic feedback at a minimum and its not an ideal setup...use 11/xxx nonvoodoo from jt in rom manager

Upvote 0
no, it wasnt bricked beyond repair and we could have talked you through a not too difficult fix (im very against returning "bricked" phones)

and yes you "can" use dj05 kernels with di01 roms but you have no haptic feedback at a minimum and its not an ideal setup...use 11/xxx nonvoodoo from jt in rom manager

Well is there a super clean rom for the dj05 kernal yet? There isn't one in rom manager. I haven't searched for it yet, I'm here at work.

And the bricking... I tried reflashing odin system, recovery, and the original kernal, as well as trying to go through the adb shell, howeever it wouldn't go into the Clockwork mod recovery, kept saying that there was an invalid file name. Which clockwork mod recovery do you use, 2.5.1.0? That was the one giving me issues..

Upvote 0
Well is there a super clean rom for the dj05 kernal yet? There isn't one in rom manager. I haven't searched for it yet, I'm here at work.

And the bricking... I tried reflashing odin system, recovery, and the original kernal, as well as trying to go through the adb shell, howeever it wouldn't go into the Clockwork mod recovery, kept saying that there was an invalid file name. Which clockwork mod recovery do you use, 2.5.1.0? That was the one giving me issues..

there is super clean 0.7 now for dj05, but ya gotta go to irc #samsung-fascinate for dj05 radio and roms :)

as for bricking id bet you were accidently pushing stock recovery instead of clockwork in odin which caused your issue

Reactions: eorsini
Upvote 0

did you reflash the cwm file in odin?

Upvote 0
there is super clean 0.7 now for dj05, but ya gotta go to irc #samsung-fascinate for dj05 radio and roms :)

as for bricking id bet you were accidently pushing stock recovery instead of clockwork in odin which caused your issue

Yea, thats where things get fuzzy for me. I have been playing around now for a while, but haven't gone to the irc site... How exactly does that work and what do you do to install it, go through clockwork again? even now, I installed clockwork from rom manager, and when I try to boot into it it gives me this error code:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0
Yea, thats where things get fuzzy for me. I have been playing around now for a while, but haven't gone to the irc site... How exactly does that work and what do you do to install it, go through clockwork again? even now, I installed clockwork from rom manager, and when I try to boot into it it gives me this error code:
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Suggestions?

if the name of the file you are pushing in odin is recovery.tar thats stock

it should be cwr something .tar

Upvote 0
I'm not even pushing it from recovery. I installed cwm from the rom manager... Does it not work properly when installed from there?

Not on the Fascinate, no. Unlike other Galaxy S phones, the Fascinate has a semi-locked recovery, so you need to flash the unlocked one with Odin to allow CWM to work.

yes, i assumed when you were mentioning pushing everything in odin and we said pushing clockwork thats what you did.

Upvote 0
Not on the Fascinate, no. Unlike other Galaxy S phones, the Fascinate has a semi-locked recovery, so you need to flash the unlocked one with Odin to allow CWM to work.

AHHHH. Now I got ya. But now comes the follow up question: How do I delete the one added from rom manager? is deleting it off the memory card enough? or do I need to do something special

Upvote 0
yes, i assumed when you were mentioning pushing everything in odin and we said pushing clockwork thats what you did.

I did on the "bricked" one, however I just got this new one and went right to work, only having time to root and get rom manager on there. so when I can I'll get out my netbook and add the CWM from odin. but after that how do I get the irc DJ05 onto the phone? Through Odin as well? I want to do it right, I know I could do the DJ05 from rom manager, but that's where it says no haptic feedback. I don't use it anyway, but i don't want any issues ya know?

Upvote 0
I did on the "bricked" one, however I just got this new one and went right to work, only having time to root and get rom manager on there. so when I can I'll get out my netbook and add the CWM from odin. but after that how do I get the irc DJ05 onto the phone? Through Odin as well? I want to do it right, I know I could do the DJ05 from rom manager, but that's where it says no haptic feedback. I don't use it anyway, but i don't want any issues ya know?

the dj05 radio is a seperate odin file, yes. you have to get it in irc #samsung-fascinate. what is in rom manager is in only dj05 kernels which are 1/3 of the dj05 puzzle: rom, radio, kernel

Upvote 0
the dj05 radio is a seperate odin file, yes. you have to get it in irc #samsung-fascinate. what is in rom manager is in only dj05 kernels which are 1/3 of the dj05 puzzle: rom, radio, kernel

Ok, since I'm ending up asking question after question before I start asking more, I wanted to say thank you to you guys. I'm learning a ton here and i appreciate all your responses. that being said:

-is it safe to assume the DJ05 Radio must be installed before the rom and kernal?
-I had voodoo on my last one, however I don't remember which version... with voodoo5 what are the perks and downfalls? will I need to shut it off everytime I change something again? I kept the reboot button on my sdcard just in case i needed it, so that's one thing that worked out..

Upvote 0
Ok, since I'm ending up asking question after question before I start asking more, I wanted to say thank you to you guys. I'm learning a ton here and i appreciate all your responses. that being said:

-is it safe to assume the DJ05 Radio must be installed before the rom and kernal?
-I had voodoo on my last one, however I don't remember which version... with voodoo5 what are the perks and downfalls? will I need to shut it off everytime I change something again? I kept the reboot button on my sdcard just in case i needed it, so that's one thing that worked out..

1. the order doesnt matter (rom/kernal/radio) unless the rom has a built in kernel...which 0.7 does not
2. voodoo5 is safter than voodoo2 in that you can enable/disable it and allow system conversion in clockwork recovery (no more disable_lagfix file) and you can backup/restore without disabling. 11/24? voodoo i believe brought its own voodoo specific 2.5.1.2 clockwork recovery built into the kernel as well for this to happen.

perks: no lag
downfalls: people still screw up voodoo :)

Upvote 0
1. the order doesnt matter (rom/kernal/radio) unless the rom has a built in kernel...which 0.7 does not2. voodoo5 is safter than voodoo2 in that you can enable/disable it and allow system conversion in clockwork recovery (no more disable_lagfix file) and you can backup/restore without disabling. 11/24? voodoo i believe brought its own voodoo specific 2.5.1.2 clockwork recovery built into the kernel as well for this to happen.

1- so in essence, as long as I do all 3 there won't be an issue... just don't mix and match, got ya. I'm going to get on irc on my netbook as soon as my boss leaves and get cracking on that, i need the gps fix, it drives me bonkers.
2- Though I had voodoo, i was still a little gray in that area.an i get voodoo5? And when I download it, you're saying that in CWR will have added menus to enable/disable? Say i change a rom or kernal, i won't need to shut it off anymore? though I probably will just to be safe(top post lol!) 11/24 is jts kernal i'm assuming? Voodoo5 comes with it, cause my next question was going to be where I can get it lol.

Upvote 0
1. the order doesnt matter (rom/kernal/radio) unless the rom has a built in kernel...which 0.7 does not
2. voodoo5 is safter than voodoo2 in that you can enable/disable it and allow system conversion in clockwork recovery (no more disable_lagfix file) and you can backup/restore without disabling. 11/24? voodoo i believe brought its own voodoo specific 2.5.1.2 clockwork recovery built into the kernel as well for this to happen.

ding ding ding you are the winner nit it was 11/24 :D

Upvote 0
Not sure why we don't redbend it in the update like every other Galaxy S model does. Does the Fascinate modem also live in bml12?

That wasn't even english to me, not gona lie lol.
And about the DJ05 radio file... just out of curiousity, why do we need to go to the irc #samsung-fascinate page to download it... why isn't it posted in the odin recovery page in XDA like the other .tar files?

And since we are on the subject... what is the 12/03 kernal? 1.0ghz uv? looking to extend my battery life as long as possible. I know the StupidFast v1.54 kernal is uv. What are the major differences between the 2 kernals?

Upvote 0
1- so in essence, as long as I do all 3 there won't be an issue... just don't mix and match, got ya. I'm going to get on irc on my netbook as soon as my boss leaves and get cracking on that, i need the gps fix, it drives me bonkers.
2- Though I had voodoo, i was still a little gray in that area.an i get voodoo5? And when I download it, you're saying that in CWR will have added menus to enable/disable? Say i change a rom or kernal, i won't need to shut it off anymore? though I probably will just to be safe(top post lol!) 11/24 is jts kernal i'm assuming? Voodoo5 comes with it, cause my next question was going to be where I can get it lol.

yes clockwork has an added voodoo section, you cant directly reach it from rom manager though...if you boot that way you need to select advanced restart recovery

or boot into it from power options in a theme

and as long as you dont try to flash a nonvoodoo kernel over voodoo you wont have problems flashing anything...in rom manager 12/3 stable voodoo5 is under jt1134 as well

Upvote 0
And about the DJ05 radio file... just out of curiousity, why do we need to go to the irc #samsung-fascinate page to download it... why isn't it posted in the odin recovery page in XDA like the other .tar files?

And since we are on the subject... what is the 12/03 kernal? 1.0ghz uv? looking to extend my battery life as long as possible. I know the StupidFast v1.54 kernal is uv. What are the major differences between the 2 kernals?

DJ05 is not posted anywhere but IRC because thats what the devs requested....dont uphold thier requests and see what you get then

Upvote 0
Well, it wasn't aimed at you, but I'll explain... ;)
Fascinate zips use the Samsung utility redbend_ua -- which directly flashes into a Galaxy S nand partition -- to update the kernel, which is "zImage" in partition sml7. Other Galaxy S devs also use redbend to flash modems directly from a zip (partition sml12, I think), without having to hit Odin. I'm just wondering why this isn't also happening on the Fascinate. (Besides the "we can't make it too easy" ethos. :D )

yes clockwork has an added voodoo section, you cant directly reach it from rom manager though...if you boot that way you need to select advanced restart recovery

or boot into it from power options in a theme
Reboot Button goes right into red (Voodoo-friendly) CWM.

Upvote 0

Actually, whats the difference between those two and then also StupidFast v1.76. I know the 2 stupidfast ones are the same speeds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones