Super Easy Way to Root Sprint .6 Release (might work for other carriers also)

Last Updated:

1. swapped

swapped Member This Topic's Starter

Download the app from this post (or the one attached here) to your phone and install with Astro or the like.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Run app, select appropriate version, hit root. Wait ~30 sec, see root confirmation. You are now rooted!!!!

Need a super easy way to get recovery image installed? Download ROM Manager (free) and install the ClockworkMod Recovery. You can now install roms with either ROM manager or thru recovery. You can even flash alternate recovery (RA 1.6.2) from rom manager.

This is stupid easy!!!!

I just did these exact steps about 10 min ago and it worked flawlessly. No messing with RUUs.

Not sure if boot-patched.zip should be flashed afterwards like in the original 2.1 root. Someone else please chime in on this.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Sounds interesting. This was posted previously here -> Link to older post

3. asiangolfer

asiangolfer Well-Known Member

oh the irony...i posted that last night, but i have no clue how to install roms. will try the rom manager..fingers crossed!

4. asiangolfer

asiangolfer Well-Known Member

I GOT IT! running darchdroid, but where did all my apps go??

5. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Go here and download Google $hits. Then flash it to your phone and you'll have the apps your looking for.

6. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

I used this to root my Hero and to my surprise it worked just fine. I then spent a little money in the market for Rom Manager, Root Manager and Root explorer. I now have most of the sprint bloatware gone, my phone is rooted and I never hooked up to a PC.

Cool.

I am not sure about custom ROMs yet, kinda like the stock 2.1 and going to do more research before flashing any new ROMs.