• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Super Mario Bros Theme

Dood, you rock! You will absolutely be one of the first peeps to get this sucka once it's done!

No problem friend. If you need anything just ask. Pretty sure I gave you png and ico files. I converted the manila already...? If there is something in there you don't recognize let me know. It can all be made to work, just pictures :)

I like the ttf files myself!

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Hey Granite just wanted to let you know that you don't need another app to change the desktop icons. When you long press and select the app you want and it comes up with the thing to change the label, you can touch the icon picture and it will let you browse for a new icon.

Only with another launcher. Obviously not on a sense Rom. On sense you need the third party app unless you edit the icon in the res of the apk.

Upvote 0
Yeah I meant to say in Launcherpro, in his "how I did it" post he said you needed it in LP but you don't.

Dood, epic! I am speechless, I was under the assumption you needed another app. Researching now! :D

Edit: You are correct Sir! This must be part of an update, because I swear you couldn't do this 6 months ago. I may be wrong tho.... I'm going to thank both of your posts for this epic pointer!

Upvote 0
No problem, keep up the good work, I can't wait to see the finished project, have you thought about making a version for the t-mobile theme chooser built into CM7?

Yes I have, but I need to learn how to actually theme first. Plus I'm creating a whole slew of new icons and graphics with tha gimp. This will take a hot minute unfortunately. Unless someone knows of a mario theme out there somewhere I can pull a lot of the random graphics from? Then the xmls will take a few too.

Once I get the procedure down, I'll be a themeing pimp!

And don't think I forgot about your Zelda request! :D

Upvote 0
Thanks Granite et al. This is sweet, I'm going to learn how to do this. I'm on Stage 1: Downloading Icons.

LP n00b questions:

1.How do I save icons to a folder in my SD card?
I googled for Mario icons, found a site with free icons, pressed the icon and it downloaded to my gallery without asking me where I wanted to save it. When I tried to save from gallert to SD I couldn't locate any "save as" options.

2.ICO, PNG, ICNS. Is one format preferable over the others?

*edit*: I just went to another site (findicons.com), tried to download in all 3 formats and got this message: "The content is not supported on your phone. No application can be found to open this file. Do you still want to download?"
Do I need an app to convert these files?

Upvote 0
Thanks Granite et al. This is sweet, I'm going to learn how to do this. I'm on Stage 1: Downloading Icons.

LP n00b questions:

1.How do I save icons to a folder in my SD card?
I googled for Mario icons, found a site with free icons, pressed the icon and it downloaded to my gallery without asking me where I wanted to save it. When I tried to save from gallert to SD I couldn't locate any "save as" options.

2.ICO, PNG, ICNS. Is one format preferable over the others?

*edit*: I just went to another site (findicons.com), tried to download in all 3 formats and got this message: "The content is not supported on your phone. No application can be found to open this file. Do you still want to download?"
Do I need an app to convert these files?

First off thanks!
What I would do is grab astro or estrongs file manager from the market. Then you need to look in your downloads folder, this is where your phone puts stuff you download. Use your file manager app to create a new folder then cut and paste. Or plug your phone into your puter enable disk drive and work it that way.

As far as the other file types, I'd google Gimp. Download that, its free, and install. With tha gimp open the icons individually, and save as a png. The images need to be in a .png format. Then they'll work.

I'll be on my pc tonight, if you have any more questions, please let me know! :)

Reactions: vailpass
Upvote 0
First off thanks!
What I would do is grab astro or estrongs file manager from the market. Then you need to look in your downloads folder, this is where your phone puts stuff you download. Use your file manager app to create a new folder then cut and paste. Or plug your phone into your puter enable disk drive and work it that way.

As far as the other file types, I'd google Gimp. Download that, its free, and install. With tha gimp open the icons individually, and save as a png. The images need to be in a .png format. Then they'll work.

I'll be on my pc tonight, if you have any more questions, please let me know! :)

Okay thanks a lot, that worked. I now have customized icons :D.

Question: In your screenshot your icons are labeled "phone", "internet", etc. How did you get the text on there?

On to wallpapers now, these don't seem to be as easy to find. For my first run at this I'm building a Mario theme. Once I get the hang of it I'm going to do a Game of Thrones.

Upvote 0
Google mario, mario bros, mario brothers, super mario, etc. Try every possible combination and try the image results. You should be able to find a wall paper.

The text can be created using gimp. Open the icon and add the text as a layer. I can try to make a drop box or something.
Try searching on XDA for mario launcher pro icons, I thought there were some posted there.

Reactions: vailpass
Upvote 0
Google mario, mario bros, mario brothers, super mario, etc. Try every possible combination and try the image results. You should be able to find a wall paper.

The text can be created using gimp. Open the icon and add the text as a layer. I can try to make a drop box or something.
Try searching on XDA for mario launcher pro icons, I thought there were some posted there.

Did you load Gimp to your phone or to your PC?
If you loaded it to your phone which download OS option did you choose? I'm seeing several different flavors including UNIX, Windows, and Mac.

Upvote 0
I've finally made a little progress with the actual theme. It's been over a month and I've only created a battery mod, but it works nicely. :D
Once I figure out how to build a flashable zip I'll post it up for everyone to enjoy.

Screenie to come once I dl shoot me, just now flashed a modded rom and need to re-dl the app!

Edit: Here's a screenie!
snap20110701_214616.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones