Super newbie questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. tystevens

tystevens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a good place here on the forums to ask newbie questions, ie, how do I get my contacts from my old Palm Pre on to my new Fasc? Some of my questions are Fascinate-specific, while others are probably general Android knowledge issues.

I know on other forums for other hobbies of mine, ie, cycling, there is often a newbie section where people can ask obvious questions, such as how to I unclip my shoes from my pedals, where those of us can ask stupid questions and those who don't want to trifle with beginner issues can stay away. Is there such a section on this forum?

I'm brand new to Android and not particularly techie, and I'm struggling to make sense of some stuff, or at least, probably doing it in the least efficient manner possible!

Advertisement
  2. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

I've been skimming these boards for about a year, and I'm still trying to figure some of this out. These people will take care of you :)

3. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

You can have VZW back them up for you and port them over. If you have an Micro SD card in the pre, you might be able to back them up and just pop them in and have it pull from there, or if you have a Gmail account with your contacts they will sync up. There's programs online too, but I'm not familiar with them.

You can probably ask general questions in the forum for the phone you own, but you can also try here: Android Lounge - Android Forums

4. 09lexus

09lexus Well-Known Member

with palm you get them backed up to the palm website. you should be able to put them into a .csv file and load that on the new phone. or have them transfered at a store.