• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Super One Click Root program - ALL 2.1+ droids, except 7 phones

Where do you download this from?

The link shows a link that takes you to a compatibility page???

Also how do I do a backup? Can this program install a ROM?

I Stress this as nice as possible. Do research. If you are completely stuck, we will help. The best way to root is a computer program called "Pete's Root tool" It is the only way to root droid 2 with Gingerbread. google it. you backup with a custom recovery a.k.a. Clockwork Mod Recovery. No that program cannot install roms. you need the bootstrap app and a custom recovery to make nandroids and install custom roms. hope this helps - dan p.s. resources are out there, you gotta look.

Upvote 0
I Stress this as nice as possible. Do research. If you are completely stuck, we will help. .... resources are out there, you gotta look.

I just recently got interested in rooting, due to certain needs that have arisen.

From the bit of research I've done so far, I am guessing that it would be stupid to try to root my one and only cell phone. It seems that I should get a spare android phone to practice rooting, and it also seems that I could easily spend days or weeks researching and figuring out the rooting, and ROM, processes, depending on the device. Is that a valid assumption?

ps. my device is Huawei M865 running Android version 2.3.3.

Upvote 0
New program
[APP]SuperOneClick v1.4 (Root, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers

I haven't tried it, but it looks promising. Moto D1 and D2 are NOT on the incompatibility list.

It's also on lifehacker - SuperOneClick Roots Virtually Every Android Phone Out There

This program looks to be recent as of 10/9 - I didn't look at all of the instructions as I don't need it right now.
Enjoy

Does anybody have current step-by-step instructions to root a Droid 2 ? All the links I follow seem to have outdated download links, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones