• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super Phone War!

Which Super Phone will be your daily driver!!!

• Evo 4G LTE (LTEvo)

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3)

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • One XL (1XL)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Mopho Q....Whenever in releases

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy Nexus

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Galaxy Note

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
As the One XL is the ATT One X, and we don't have many ATT customers here, and there is zero info on any new Moto phone - what's the question here??

I see that other have different views and like other phones! Ultimately I want to know what would be everyone's daily driver! I have a friend who wishes the LTEvo had the same body build as the One XL, and the body build is determining factor on what phone he gets!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Verizon Galaxy Nexus all the way! This is a screenshot of this post...

Full HD Screen with bezel gesture for Navigation Buttons:

JeeCa.jpg

While the app, LMT Launcher, which allows for the Nav Buttons to be called upon by a bezel gesture is available for multiple phones, it is truly practical and awesome when used in conjunction with a phone which, after a fullscreen mod, has no buttons of any kind.

The Nexus Prime also has Stock ICS, meaning no shenanigans when it comes to ROM stability. Great kernels and great devs. I unlocked and rooted my phone with very little effort.

Nexus FTW!

Upvote 0
I'd really have to try 'em out and read some reviews. But I'm not due to an upgrade till the end of the year - give or take a month.

I doubt that sprint will have a sizable LTE network by then, but who knows. I keep hearing rumors that they are struggling... :(

I have really enjoyed HTC thus far, in fact the evo is getting another OTA coming out soon, so that's almost 2 years past launch I think. Which is surprising. Though, I really did like playing around with the Galaxy S2 at the store. We'll see.

*vote reserved for later*

Upvote 0
I'd really have to try 'em out and read some reviews. But I'm not due to an upgrade till the end of the year - give or take a month.

I doubt that sprint will have a sizable LTE network by then, but who knows. I keep hearing rumors that they are struggling... :(

I have really enjoyed HTC thus far, in fact the evo is getting another OTA coming out soon, so that's almost 2 years past launch I think. Which is surprising. Though, I really did like playing around with the Galaxy S2 at the store. We'll see.

*vote reserved for later*

Is there really another OTA coming for the OG EVO ?

I have an OG EVO and would love to see another OTA. The last on did make an improvement.

Oh...and my vote is for HTC....

My first was a Hero and my current is the original HTC EVO 4G.

When and if I upgrade, it will be to the LTEVO.

I have the OG EVO and love it. I have another year before I'm eligible for the upgrade but if its a Good enough phone I may get it and give the wife the OG we'll have to see how things look though. Probably give it a few months to really see what people think of the phone once its been out and used.

I am thinking the same thing. Like you I am not eligible for an upgrade until June 2013. But my patents phone is eligible for an upgrade, so I am going to check the forums and see how the LTEVO is doing and decide whether I want to "borrow" the upgrade from my parents phone or wait until next summer.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0

What have you heard regarding any major struggles? AFAIK, the only issue has been Chicago, which doesn't mean they have issues in other markets. I'm not really certain how an issue in one market quantifies as they are "struggling"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones