super simple droid?

Last Updated:

1. discohornet

discohornet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, first regular post. I am a designer by trade and it may surprise you but I prefer my machines to be as simple as possible. For instance I use vista but have all animations, all transparencies, everything off. I even use the classic appearance for desktop, icons and windows. What can I say, there's something elegant and unobtrusive about the character-less windows and so on.

What I'd like to do is make my droid like that. For instance, I downloaded home++ and while it's cool I'd like to have my clock be a painfully simple text only deal. I'd like my icons to be super simple and backgrounds, colors etc to be solid colors rather than complicated visually distracting images. Heck, I'd even like all my apps to be accessible through a basic drop down text only menu.

Does anyone else have my same taste and sensibility? And if so would you mind sharing some of the things you did to make this happen?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Try Launcher+ it can give you more homescreens without any added frills or icons. Also, there should be a free widget in the market called Digital Clock Widget that might be right up your alley. Lastly if you want a nice tiny little weather widget you could try something like Weather Widgets. The smallest widget has just the temp and a tiny graphic for the weather.

As for animations, if you want to make them more simple or turn them off you can go to:
    Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Animation (3rd from the bottom)

hth

3. nigel11

nigel11 Member

You can download Backgrounds from the market. It should have whatever you need for simple backgrounds.

You can also download Bettercut and change whatever you want about your widgets or program launchers.

Hope this helps.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Simple! That's my middle name. :eek:

You'd probably like how I have my DROID setup. BLACK wallpaper, NO animations, etc. and so forth.

I do have the Home++ beta desktop replacement. But that's because of the 7 desktops that it gives you. I may nix this once 2.1 is released and we have 5 OEM desktops.

Welcome to the forum, and keep the questions rolling in. :)