super user access gets "stuck"

Last Updated:

1. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 31, 2009
    Up untill recently, I've only needed root and super user access for market enabler.

I always had a bit of an issue with it though whereby i'd select a carrier to fake, it asked for SU permissions, which i said yes to, then it back to the market enabler screen and did faking steps 1-4, but got stuck on 4. Then i just pressed the "back" button to cancel, faked the provider again, and it did steps 1-4 fine (not asking for SU access this time because i'd already given it permission previously).

So, a bit arse-ways, but usable.

But now in order to use psx4droid, i've installed milestone overclock & setCPU. And i'm having a terrible time getting SU to work for them - anytime it asks for SU access, I accept, and then it gets stuck when it returns to the apps' main screen e.g. gets stuck "applying 800mhz". Through arse-way button presses like my market enabler process above, i've only actually managed to get my milestone humming at 800mhz once, and psx4droid was a joy to use. It's just that bit too laggy at 550mhz.

So. What's going on with my super user!?

2. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    There is a new version of Superuser app (v 2.2.2) available here. If you don't have it already, you can install it using the instructions on this post. You wont have those problems anymore with the new version.

Also, there is an improved version of MarketEnabler available called MarketAccess which you can find here.
    spottyelephant likes this.