• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Super_phone III build prop tweaks

Thanks man I'm gonna throw this in my next ROM build if you don't mind...after I install it on my current build and test it of course. From the screens that are posted it looks like 3g speeds are increased dramatically! My top speed I think to date is like 180ish KB/s.

Yes please test it .and if you like it of coarse put in your rom .
And if you don't like it just post why.like I said before feed back is important.

Upvote 0
OK. I can now fully confirm that Super III has issues with switching between wifi and 3g. Must reboot to gain connectivity when switching between the two. Can you copy and paste the lines edited with 3g tweaks here in the thread or pm? I can try and remove them one by one in text editor and see which one or combination is causing the issue.

Upvote 0
OK. I can now fully confirm that Super III has issues with switching between wifi and 3g. Must reboot to gain connectivity when switching between the two. Can you copy and paste the lines edited with 3g tweaks here in the thread or pm? I can try and remove them one by one in text editor and see which one or combination is causing the issue.

Yes I will write the lines I added,
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
I messed around changing #until it worked for me.I am not having problem switching back and forth.
when you make a change, REBOOT TWICE.good luck and thank you for willing to fix instead of just uninstalling.
HEY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I just tested again and wifi said connected but wasn't I switched back to 3g that worked then switched back to wifi and it said connected but wasn't, sat a min.then connected. So try it again ,let it sit a min.

Reactions: cartersball
Upvote 0
Yes I will write the lines I added,
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=3
I messed around changing #until it worked for me.I am not having problem switching back and forth.
when you make a change, REBOOT TWICE.good luck and thank you for willing to fix instead of just uninstalling.
HEY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, I just tested again and wifi said connected but wasn't I switched back to 3g that worked then switched back to wifi and it said connected but wasn't, sat a min.then connected. So try it again ,let it sit a min.

I'll try that before changing anything. When you say you messed around changing numbers are you speaking of changing the values at the ends of each line. Are these the values you currently have?

Upvote 0
I'll try that before changing anything. When you say you messed around changing numbers are you speaking of changing the values at the ends of each line. Are these the values you currently have?

Yes I can give you the ones I started with.
instead of me writing all lines again I will post in the order of how they are above OK
1 tried 2 didn't work
12 changed to 10
20 changed to 10
6 tried 5 didn't work
3 tried 2 didn't work

Upvote 0
OK after a little testing and research I found a way to make this work. If you are having issues switching between wifi and 3g connectivity try this and let me know how it works.

Remove the following:

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

This line enables or disables dual transfer mode for GSM network phones. Basically enabling voice and data usage at the same time on 3g. Impossible on CDMA network phones like ours.

This line apparently enables or disables the 3g symbol next to your network name on the lock screen. I didn't notice any difference without it, except my 3g and wifi switched back and forth without issues.

Most of these tweaks are for GSM network devices so I'm not sure how much they help but I have seen slight improvement in speeds so I'm calling Super III another mholloway success story. I'll continue testing and update some more if I find anything else.

Edit: As I was typing this post on my phone I noticed the wifi suddenly lost connection to google servers and I had to turn it off and back on. 3g kicked in when I did that and wifi came back up after turning it back on. Will monitor this as well.

Upvote 0
OK after a little testing and research I found a way to make this work. If you are having issues switching between wifi and 3g connectivity try this and let me know how it works.

Remove the following:

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

This line enables or disables dual transfer mode for GSM network phones. Basically enabling voice and data usage at the same time on 3g. Impossible on CDMA network phones like ours.

This line apparently enables or disables the 3g symbol next to your network name on the lock screen. I didn't notice any difference without it, except my 3g and wifi switched back and forth without issues.

Most of these tweaks are for GSM network devices so I'm not sure how much they help but I have seen slight improvement in speeds so I'm calling Super III another mholloway success story. I'll continue testing and update some more if I find anything else.

Edit: As I was typing this post on my phone I noticed the wifi suddenly lost connection to google servers and I had to turn it off and back on. 3g kicked in when I did that and wifi came back up after turning it back on. Will monitor this as well.
Nice work, I will remove thoughts to lines and repost new link and of coares give you credit.thank you.

Upvote 0
I edited the op ,changed link I removed thoughs 2lines and tested wifi and3g switching is faster too , for me. So either remove lines for redownload link thank you cartersball.

Great work my friend, im running this script on my stock rom so far and it's working like a charm. However I did notice something small and I don't know if it's from the script or not. I'll be in the city and have all 5 bars, great reception runnin on 3g, icons are green, then all of a sudden I get 5 white bars, with a 1x logo. I do not know if I still have connection or not because I wasnt in a position to try. I think the few times it happened to me I was driving or occupied somehow. Next time i see it happen I will try though. Otherwise, great work sir marvelous.

Upvote 0
@ mholloway
I'm trying to determine which one to test/use but can't decide lol Any chance to clarify the different ones on the OP to be ROM specific? I'm running n00b_v right now so which one would run best for me etc etc to other roms as well. Hope you know what I mean. If a specific build.prop has any bugs for specific roms would be nice to. If not no biggie. Just helps in choosing me thinks :D Thank you for your efforts!

Upvote 0
@ mholloway
I'm trying to determine which one to test/use but can't decide lol Any chance to clarify the different ones on the OP to be ROM specific? I'm running n00b_v right now so which one would run best for me etc etc to other roms as well. Hope you know what I mean. If a specific build.prop has any bugs for specific roms would be nice to. If not no biggie. Just helps in choosing me thinks :D Thank you for your efforts!

The different versions are really just upgrades I believe, with the latest one being the most optimized. Super III runs great on noob as reported by other users on this thread. I'm currently running on Shijitsu Beta 3 and it runs smooth there as well. Other users have discussed it running well WCS also. I really think this is the build.prop file everyone should be using. This plus swap support with the Glitch kernel make this Warp what it should have been out of the box. Now all we need is an oc kernel with swap support and this becomes a monster device. Great work by all the devs here.

Upvote 0
The different versions are really just upgrades I believe, with the latest one being the most optimized. Super III runs great on noob as reported by other users on this thread. I'm currently running on Shijitsu Beta 3 and it runs smooth there as well. Other users have discussed it running well WCS also. I really think this is the build.prop file everyone should be using. This plus swap support with the Glitch kernel make this Warp what it should have been out of the box. Now all we need is an oc kernel with swap support and this becomes a monster device. Great work by all the devs here.

I'm running super phone 3 in my custom ROM and I notice a huge difference

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones