1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Superbowl on the droid?

1. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be stuck at ?work and unable to watch the game. We have internet, but its on serious lockdown. Anyone know of a way to watch the game?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

I will be watching it with my droid teathered to my laptop and slingbox. I don't know if orb would help you or not.
  3. itsHumble

itsHumble Member

I'm in the same boat... stuck at work on Superbowl Sunday :(
  4. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I never watch stuff on droid but can't you use Ustream somehow?
  5. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Orb would work if i had a tv tuner, but i don't feel like spending 100 dollars to watch the superbowl
  6. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

7. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Gameday bump
  8. gnmitchell

gnmitchell Active Member

definitely check out ustream. its available on the market
  9. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Just tried Ustream. Was working well on my Droid.

GO COLTS!!
  10. jddogg

jddogg Member

Where do you go on the ustream viewer app to actually find the super bowl stream? I couldn't find it, or is it just not up yet?
  11. itsHumble

itsHumble Member

After I downloaded the app, I just clicked on it and searched for "superbowl" and had a ton of links. Now watching the superbowl at work on my phone! :D
  12. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Watching Super Bowl from work as well!!!! :)
  13. SkyyPayne

SkyyPayne Active Member

Pfft on you!

I searched Superbowl, super bowl sb44 everything and everything would work for 2 seconds and then the channel would be "taken down" I guess, or removed. Ultimately to where a few stations with the name SUPER BOWL were running but it was a blank screen with a bunch of comments stating "yay this one works".

Obviously it wasn't working for me, but I was on the nfl website watching the score so I was okay.

Bummer I couldn't actually see the plays though :)

p.s. I even tried uninstalling, reinstalling and rebooting my phone, no luck. Also, with USTREAM the video only took up like 5/8ths of the screen? Does that happen for everyone else, it has 2 black bars on the side in landscape mode?

Thanks again!
  14. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

Same for me. I tried looking for a decent stream on upstream during the first half of the game but nothing was working fir me so I just gave up
  15. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

I had the same problems. I have a feeling they were purposely blocked. Best I could get was the audio while some dudes were sleeping on their couch. Lame, next year maybe I'll try the orb, or just try to get the day off.
  16. superbowl fun

superbowl fun New Member