1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SuperGNES and Snesoid will not save game

Last Updated:

1. Andross

Andross New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a HTC Evo and I was playing Chrono Trigger on SuperGnes. I saved the game and if I reset the game the save will stay there but when I load another game and go back to Chrono Trigger the saved games are gone... the same thing happens with Snesoid and other Roms besides Chrono Trigger. (Super Mario World, Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2)

Any advice?

Advertisement
  2. Bedo

Bedo Member

You did not mention if you have Lite or Paid. You need to have the paid versions to save states.

If you have the paid versions, I have no clue.

3. Andross

I have the Lite version, Sorry :p
    I'm not trying to save states. i'd like to save the game as if it was a normal SNES game. :D

4. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member

if you like the app ur gonna have to pay for it in order to save games. its TOTALLY worth it! support the developers! super mario kart itself is worth what they charge for the full version

5. Andross

I'm not against supporting the Devs. but the lite versions wont save at all?

6. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

yeaaaa its kinda misleading and screwed me over but yea... lite doesnt keep ingame saves either after a power down or reset

7. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Honestly just drop the few bucks. The app is good enough that it's worth paying to support the devs.

8. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that save states(on the fly saving) were disabled in the light version but in game saves worked (the games built in save)

9. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

My guess would be the free game simply disables any write access, which would eliminate any save ability.

10. WordIsBorn

WordIsBorn Well-Known Member

Honestly! you do know that the lite version is there, so that you can get an idea of how the emulator works on your phone, and lets you give it a test run to determine if its worth it to you to purchase.

Please, Please, Please support the Devs, and purchase the full app. I just noticed to day that the lite version has >250,000 downloads, while the paid version only has between 50,000 - 250,000. If these Devs cant make a decent living writing this stuff for us, they will stop doing it.

wjrandon and rnapbt like this.
  11. Andross

I planned on buying the app I just wanted to make sure that i wasnt having a problem with my phone being unable to save the "ingame saves" before a purchased an application that would do me no good if it was a problem with the phone.

12. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

Yep, totally worth it. I downloaded all the free emulators, tried them out, then paid for my favorites and deleted the free versions that I didn't pay for.

13. OMRebel2013

OMRebel2013 Active Member

What does the game need to be saved as? I know .7z games need to be unzipped (speaking of which, does anyone know of a free unzipper on a mac?), and i also have a .sfc game. Will that work right away?

14. ClausG76

ClausG76 Member

you could also do it on your phone using androzip.
    Isn't there a version of 7zip for mac?

15. defected.saint

defected.saint New Member

No, it is NOT worth buying to support the devs. Emulators have been FREE for at least a decade on the PC.Yet now just because the emulator is on a phone people should pay for the same stuff?

Negative.

The free versions can't even natively save in game. How lame is that. There is a difference between save states, and a game save. Save states, are "snapshots" of the game taken by the emulator at it's current placement. They can be taken at any time and will reload the game to the exact state it was when saved. If a dev want's to charge for that, fine. But a game save is the game saving info in game, how do you remove a feature from the game itself. That's bull.

The only way I would ever purchase an emulator is if it were released by the company that designed that platform in the first place. So if Nintendo went out and made a reasonably priced snes emulator I'd gladly pay for it. But I refuse to buy something from someone using other people intellectual property. The dev may not be selling roms, but he/she knows full well people are illegally downloading roms to use on his/her product. And it was created with that intent and they are making money of off it. They are making money off Nintendo, and I'm pretty sure he/she isn't sending them a check.

I will not be buying this, and I will be emailing all the companies involved to see if this can be stopped. I would rather it be shut down, than pay for what should be free. The only reasons emulators got by on the PC as long as they did was because they were free, and thats how it should be now. Unless it was an official emulator, I wouldn't mind throwing Nintendo a couple dollars for infinite nostalgia.

16. TrojanZ

TrojanZ Active Member

You sound bitter...or maybe u work for nintendo...

17. Rasarima

Rasarima New Member

APROVED!

Its not worth boying this, he is providing a way to play nintendo games for free and want me to pay for it?

that is just ridiculous....

18. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

Don't like it then write your own emulator or just don't use it and quit *****ing. I can't stand that holier than thou ****.