• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Superman Theme?

shalemail

Android Expert
Jul 21, 2010
Under your bed
So I'd like to do a Superman Theme (Dock and icons) - I have wallpaper. But I am a total noob, I am running Launcher Pro (free version) so I know how I could add said dock and icons, just no idea where I'd get them or how I could create them. Anyone seen an existing Superman Theme or any pointers on how I'd do this?

Any help and or direction greatly appreciated.

install adw launcher and apply this theme

Hope this helps..!!!

First, thanks for the reply, I was wondering if anyone was ever gonna reply. Second, I have seen this and a couple other Superman "themes" but really they are just cool wallpapers. I have those. What I am wanting is Superman style icon borders (in the shape of the "s" symbol) and a more all over feel than like I said just wall papers.

Again Thanks for the reply but I think I am gonna try to make one (my first dabble into anything of this nature in Android.)

Upvote 0
If you are running launcher pro, you can put custom icons in the docks simply by long pressing an icon->change icon->custom icons then simply pick out a picture in your gallery. If you go to google images and type in "superman" I'm sure there will be tons of images that you can choose from.
If you also have ADWLauncher EX, you can change the icons on the homescreens by longpressing on the icon->edit->press the picture of the existing icon in the window that pops up->select picture->gallery. Then simply select a picture you like. You can also place square tiles behind the icons and choose what color to make them (if you wanted a red/blue theme to go along with it). This is the easiest way I know of without actually making your own icons from scratch.
Hopefully, I didn't just waste your time and post a bunch of stuff that you already knew lol. I hope this helps you.

Dude you are a rockstar, and I appreciate your post! I did know I could do that but I am hoping for continuity and all my apps matching all my launchers matching and my dock being themed as well.

Maybe I can pull it off maybe not. Maybe people will like and want one too, who knows.
Thanks though

Upvote 0
Sorry to resurrect a very old theme first off... second I'm currently working on a Superman theme. Will post to this thread when Complete.

Dude you are a rockstar, and I appreciate your post! I did know I could do that but I am hoping for continuity and all my apps matching all my launchers matching and my dock being themed as well.

Maybe I can pull it off maybe not. Maybe people will like and want one too, who knows.
Thanks though

Upvote 0
524951_10151789748730195_1485323731_n.jpg

149723_10151789750595195_1474015818_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Yes it's for the Go Launcher. I can't for the life of me get the icons to show up in the app folder as custom icons though :/ I might have to release it and have someone fix it if they can.

What are you having problems with exactly?
Custom icons that are not standard to the app drawer (dialer, etc. are native - superuser is not) have to be "coded in."
My guess would be in the drawable.xml file. I c ouldn't find anything that uses file names with extensions, just whether or not "icon 'x' for app 'x' is drawable, and what a corresponding file name is, without an extension though.
I use Go Launcher Theme studio to make some of the ones that I have done thus far, but working with other launchers when I begin porting I will have to learn the basics of hand coding them, just don't have time at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones