SuperOneClick 2.1 Root :D

1. Charmed

Charmed Well-Known Member

Just stays on first SE logo. I waited for half an hour just in case...I've put back in my 8GB...for now
  2. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

oh sorrrrrrrrrrrrryyy I know your case

ok backedup right?
    uninstall app2sd
    now remove your card and place the new card
    now place the app2sd files in your new card
    and run the script again
    after app2sd is successful
    let it reboot
    if rebooting is successful than do a restore :)
  3. Gompedyret

Gompedyret Member

Many thanks. Just a quick question from a technically unskilled: with this method, is there any possibility to have apps2sd and jit?
  4. suhel28

ofcourse.. :)

androidforums.com/x8-all-things-root/243918-2-1-root-add-ons-d-3.html
  5. Gompedyret

Gompedyret Member

Thanks a bunch! Now the fun's really gonna start. :D
  6. Android Davies

Android Davies Well-Known Member

this dont work for my cliq.
  7. suhel28

Android Davies likes this.
  8. Charmed

Charmed Well-Known Member

Thnx! I will try again, but in week or so,I've got exams coming so I don't have time right now. Again thnx! I will try,and let you know how it went!
  9. kiz1983

kiz1983 Well-Known Member

if u wanna copy the app2sd to another card, juz like suhel said, uninstall the app2sd first, if not it wont work..
  10. Android Davies

Android Davies Well-Known Member

11. suhel28

12. saugatdb

saugatdb Member

ohh great this thing is freaking awesome. tested & worked on my Xperia x8 with 2.1 update 1. One thing i would like to tell you guys is that download the superoneclick which has been mentioned in this thread. first i tried with the latest superoneclick (v1.5.5) in sdk forums which doesnt works. It gets into a infinite loop.
  13. adi234

adi234 New Member

@ Suhel - I must say a great work indeed. In fact all ur posts are informative in such simple language. Thanks.
    I am a newbie to "Rooting" and Android in general. Have been reading forums for quite some time to understand things. I just have few questions (might be silly ones). Though I do have some idea, but still needed to be sure of.
    1. If I need to go back to Stock SE 2.1, Can I just repair through PC Companion or SEUS?
    2. Whats the best way to remove stock apps after rooting? Root explorer? Is deleting them equivalent to clean uninstalling?
    3. What should be the class of memory card ideally to be used for app2sd? And which brand?
    Thanks again :)
  14. suhel28

1. Yes :)
    2. Titanium backup pro can be used
    3. Well any class will do, but the more higher your class the more smoother your phone will be. I've been using 8gb class 4 Sandisk :)

Thanks for the appreciation :)
    adi234 likes this.
  15. adi234

adi234 New Member

@ Suhel - Thanks mate for the fast reply. I had planned the entire thing for tomorrow. But I guess with ur reply I m ready to dive in today itself. :)
    Keep up the great work. It does require lot of efforts posting these guides and then helping out newcomers. Thanks again. Cheers. :)
  16. suhel28

Happy to help :)
  17. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

LOL Thats 5 hours of my life wasted! haha...
    Whos the quote from Suhel? :p
    N.
  18. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

nice one suhel

Just rooted! it could be a total coincednce but since rooting about half hour ago i cant get on the market

every time i try i get a connection or network error - retry or cancel

is everyone having this prob with the market tonight or has rooting corrupted something?
  19. jporch316

jporch316 Well-Known Member

na - just tried me wifes desire and that cant get on the market either

i wish google had some kind of service apge to advise if its services were down
  20. igor_x8

igor_x8 Member

I have problem. SuperOneClick stopped at "waiting for device" and nothing was happen. I wait 10 minutes, try few times, and nothing.

I install the x8 drivers before I start root

some ideas?
  21. suhel28

Did you turn usb debugging on?
  22. suhel28

lol
  23. igor_x8

igor_x8 Member

24. igor_x8

igor_x8 Member

Phone rooted....it was some problem with drivers:)
  25. romzL

romzL Member

guys sorry for the newbie question. I just had my X8 yesterday and had it updated to Eclair 2.1 (build number 2.0.1.A.0.47) and I want to maximize my Android phone.

Im seeing a lot about this "root" thing (super noob here) and im really not sure what this is for. Sorry if this is on the wrong thread. Need your advise guys. :)