SuperOneClick 2.1 Root :D

1. Tri-Fecta

Tri-Fecta New Member

didn't work.. it says rooted successfully and i have superuser on my phone now.. what went wrong? i still can't install on sdcard.. i don't have any other application.. suggestions?
  2. ktulurk

ktulurk Member

I am having the same error. Did U manage to install after all app2sd?
    Thanks in advance.
  3. joel999

joel999 Member

I have app2sd installed...even then 94 mb is free....all the new apps install in sdcard only...
  4. joel999

joel999 Member

5. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

You can copy the non sony applications from /system/app to /system/SD
  6. Tri-Fecta

Tri-Fecta New Member

7. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

8. prabash

prabash New Member

Hi,
    1) I am totally a newbie to the androids and Xperia X8..
    But I have been doing loads of searching to find out about rooting..and gotta tell ya this is the best thread I have seen thus far on how to do it..And I am planning to do it :D..
    In some others, I have read that there's quite some risk involved when rooting your device that you might brick it..I just wanted to make sure whether this is true and do I have that kinda risk involved when following this method as well?

2) I am currently using a 4GB class 4 SD card. Is that good enough to do the rooting?

3) Will the applications and the contacts that I have currently installed in the phone be deleted after the rooting?

4) After doing it, Will I be able to unroot it? And how?

I know that this thing is a bit lengthy :p..But I hope someone can help me with these questions. :)
    thanks in advance :D
  9. suhel28

No
    Yes
    No
    Yes

Sorry for the brevity
    prabash likes this.
  10. pandza94

pandza94 New Member

Updated to 2.1 using PC Companion.
    Installed net framework vers 4

When I try to launch Super OneClick it says :Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application.
  11. suhel28

Check out microsoft's site for net framework's latest version... maybe its not installed properly on your pc
  12. prabash

prabash New Member

Thanx mate..:D
    And I would like to know another thing..after rooting the phone, just in case, if SE released a android 2.2 update for X8, will I have to unroot the device before updating or can I update with the device being rooted?
  13. vandalism56

vandalism56 New Member

Erm.. I'm new to rooting and I'm currently having problems with the SuperOneClick thingy.. I followed ur steps in order and when i click root, the box says : Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

I do not know what to do next.. Ur help is greatly appreciated :D
  14. helmi44

helmi44 New Member

more patient needed to root.....waitinng......a miracle....waitin..
  15. Ryukenden

Ryukenden Member

Hmmm, i had the issue with "Waiting for device..." too. What solved that issue was the remounting the sdcard for windows, like, re-plug the usb cable and on the confirmation dialog choose Connect your phone, then unplug the cable from phone. Plug it back in and choose Charge phone. Then try rooting it
  16. capex

capex New Member

thanks so much suhel! i've read a lot about rooting n finally found diz thread n it really works! juz wanna confirm, can i use APP2SD in 2GB sd card?
  17. suhel28

Yes
  18. Ryukenden

Ryukenden Member

Yes u can use 2GB card. I'm using that kind of card because it was shipped with the device, and i put 1GB for storage and ~850mb for apps
  19. Dinkoprim

Dinkoprim Member

Hi there! Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong - I rooted the X8 but when installing app2sd :

c:\adb>adb shell
    $ su
    su
    # sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh
    sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh
    sh: Can't open /sdcard/app2sd.sh
    #

I have placed the app2sd.sh into /sdcard so whats the problem ?
    Thank you!
  20. suhel28

make sure when you connect your phone to your pc you choose the CHARGE THE PHONE option
    Dinkoprim likes this.
  21. acsakvith

acsakvith Member

Thanx. I rooted.

Didnt install JIT cz some guyz post some issues.
  22. lion_king

lion_king New Member

Hi tried to root my phone with superoneclick and i get the message Device is rooted! but when i trie to use Titanium Backup it says that i have no access to root...

What the problem?

Update: I can root my phone:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905183&page=3

Just replace the file rageagainstthecage on superoneclick by psneuter, it works
  23. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

Lion, we used this since 01.08.2011. And it worked perfect even from back there. And since I'm happily using root explorer, titanium, scriptme and other applications that would have shouted at me if I didn't have root, I really doubt I have to replace anything.
  24. suhel28

yes yes yes.. what a great speech.. we all love ya nick :D
    coman_nick likes this.
  25. 20x

20x New Member

My first attempt, I hope it goes well!