• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SuperOneClick Hangs, etc.

The Carrier for my phones has replaced my Sprint LG Optimus S™, the previous one that went bad was rooted for $29.95, and I went back to those people to get this one rooted, and told them it was a replacement for the one they rooted, and they wanted me to pay again because they said this is a "different device" (true, in certain ways). I just use this phone as a backup for my Coolpad Quattro II 801ES, and am not interested in paying another fee for this.

I know that firmware updates have included patches to stop the phones out there from being "rooted", so since this phone, though refurbished, came out in 2010, I need to know if there are any utils/apps that are current that can root this device (since it is old now, I realize that might not be anything out there, besides those people who charge to do it, and use remote access to do it). The specs are as follows:

Manufacturer: LGE
Model: LS670
Version: ZVJ.47B67B46
Android Version: 2.3.3 (GingerBread)

z4root does not seem to be working, as it makes things freeze up, and I really thought SuperOneClick (v2.3.3.0) would work, but when it reaches a certain point,
"... Step #7 WaitForDevice",
it stops there and goes not further ... I even updated the adb files, and still no go;

I would like to have a hold of something that would work on Linux Systems, or the phone itself, however, I do have Windows 8 on my Laptop (it had been so long since I been in Windows, I forgot it was on the Laptop), so if it comes to something that needs / uses Windows, then I will resort to it.

Thanks,
Cliff

I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can grab GingerBreak v1.3, because the one I tried was v1.2, and according to a Video I watched, I need to use v1.3 of GingerBreak (and not v1.2) for Android 2.3.3;

It appears to be a daunting task to try and locate this specific version on the Internet via a Google Search ... some links are broken, some have removed v1.3 (yet left v1.2 available), I click on links that several windows pop-up, etc. and I cannot seem to manage to get a copy of GingerBreak v1.3, and it seems a never-ending journey trying to grab a hold of a copy.

Well, who knew a few years ago, that a few years later, there where going to be refurbished phones released for purchase in 2014 with Android 2.3.3, for example, by a Company like Kroger Stores, and it's I-Wireless online site ...

Cliff

Upvote 0
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { } Hooray!!!! Finally found a way to get it rooted ... No WINDOWS Platform needed either :)

The Instructions (including the apk files to download) are at:

Tricks and tips for your PC and Android Device: Simplest way to Root Android Phone Without a Computer

The catch is here that it appears the you have to download "Superuser", well chainfire's "SuperSU" did not work for me, though I only tried once. Anyway, I suspect the "Pook Debug" apk might get booted off of Google's Play's Store once they find out this is a sneaked in program for the use of another program, but I imagine that if that happens, it will still be available elsewhere.

Sprint LG Optimus S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones