1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SuperOneClick says I'm rooted but I have no superuser app

1. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Ok so I'm new to this rooting thing. I rooted my phone yesterday and superoneclick worked flawlessly. I then downloaded bootstrap and tried to deodex it. Seemed to be ok but I must've messed something up cause it got stuck trying to reboot itself at the eye. I took the steps to unbrick my phone and I was back up and running again. Whew!

I didn't play around with it anymore yesterday but was going to attempt again today. I noticed the superuser app was missing which I assumed made sense because I would guess unbricking it would also remove root. I tried superoneclick again to root and it says I'm rooted. Seemed easy enough. I go to look for the superuser app though and it isn't there. I try to reboot my recovery of the backup I made with bootstrap thinking that should have saved my root access but it won't take me into recovery. I can't use drocap2 and without the superuser app I'm assuming I'm not actually rooted. I know that is a necessity.

What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Do you have Terminal Emulator installed?

If so, type su and hit return. If the $ changes to a # you are rooted, if not you are not and need to try again.
  3. jbhumph

I see two terminal emulators in market...which one would you recommend?

I am trying to re-root but superoneclick just says "device is rooted" after it checks the device. Do I need to unroot to root again? And how would I unroot?
  4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

jbhumph likes this.
  5. jbhumph

Thank you! I will have to try the new root :)
  6. jbhumph

Ok still confused. I have, according to superoneclick, rooted, unrooted, rooted again, etc...but still can never get the superuser app to appear....:confused:
  7. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I know you can download the superuser app right off the market. I for one didn't know what that was all about. When I rooted that app appeared in my app drawer automatically. So what is that app for anyhow... situations like this? I downloaded it thinking maybe it was something additional to the regular Superuser app, but it seemed to be exactly the same.
    jbhumph likes this.
  8. jbhumph

Weird. I'm downloading the market app now. never thought to look there....DUH!

Yeah, the first time I rooted, it appeared automatically. After I unbricked my phone and got it going again, it wasn't there....which like I said I would think makes sense because you would want to basically restore the phone....but even when superoneclick says it's been rooted, no matter how many times I try to unroot and root again, it won't show.

Edit--downloaded superuser from market and it seems to run just like the original I had that appeared automatically.....yay!!
  9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

You know, come to think of it...I think I downloaded from the market too.:confused:
  10. jbhumph

edit---nevermind got it! :)
  11. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

I love it when a plan comes together!
  12. jbhumph

I was a little worried because it was at the eye for the LONGEST time. I thought something was wrong so pulled the battery but it took me right back into bootloader. When I bricked before it would try to reload again and was just stuck.

Patience is a virtue and it eventually loaded just fine...and now I have 928Droid running and all. Yay!!!

Thanks again everybody! :D
  13. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Same here about the eye, except I was watching TV and lost track of time. I looked down and saw that the eye was still there and thought "crap" it's been like 20 minutes, now I gotta do a battery pull and start over. Took of my case, removed the back, and grabbed the tab when the phone vibrated. Flipped it over to see that it was moving on from the eye and all was well. Had I pulled that battery, I would've bricked it I'm sure and would've been in the same boat you were.:D
  14. jbhumph

LOL Glad I'm not alone! :) I kept staring at it and was like..."Crap...here we go again" but it finally worked!

I keep staring at the phone....now I want to rework my layout, of course! Who needs a hobby when you have a Droid X??

The 928Droid theme is awesome! I'm sure there are tons of others that rock as well but right now I feel like a fat kid who just got the keys to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory!! :cool: