• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperOneClick Sucks

Just got a new Galaxy S 4G and have been trying to 2 days now to root this thing. I rooted my old Vibrant with it and it rooted fine but wouldn't unroot but I didn't care. This has gotten me so ticked off it's not even funny. I got stuff I need to restore and can't because I used Titanum Backup to save it.
I've tried I don't know how many versions of SOC and I don't know how many differnt ways and still nothing. I've tried using update files I've found online and they don't work either. Plus there's a couple other programs I use that need root access

Is there anybody that can help me get my stuff on my new phone or and I screwed?

I just got mine about a week ago and rooted fine with SOC, the only thing is I had to download the drivers first, so my first question is have you installed the proper drivers for your device?

Also I had to make sure it was in zergRush mode under exploit when I rooted it, auto and psnueter both failed. it took it about 10 minutes, and would kinda hang for a while not responding here and there, but I just was patient and it eventually stopped.
I used SOC v 2.3.3.0.

Side note: when I said I had to download the drivers first, I had tried a couple I found linked through these forums that didn't work, in the end I think I had to use the ones I actually found on samsung's website. I'd provide links but I'm a new member and it won't let me :p

Hopefully this helps some.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones