1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

SuperPad III Model: Android Tab10 Build FRF85B AV:v2.3 2011-09-19(001112)Kernel 2.6.32.9 #79Support

1. thel2dab

thel2dab Well-Known Member

A clone of what exactly.

All these forums are claiming that all these flytouches and super pads are clones
    And that only the ibex will do. But I have yet to find any proof that the ibex is not a clone of anything else.

It seems that flytouch or super pad is just a generic name for devices of this style

That is why I didn't bother with an ibex.

Lee
  2. Snecer

Snecer Member

The same.

Android System info apk:

ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
    IMAPX200
    total ram: 405MB
    brand: generic
    device: mercury
    Android version: 2.2 (device info has 2.3 :)

etc.
  3. thel2dab

Anyway does this flytouch 5 firmware work with the tab10
    My seller is sending me an SD card with the original firmware.

Lee
  4. dart16

dart16 Well-Known Member

You are correct. Flytouch [whatever] is just a generic name. iBex need to claim it is better to justify their higher prices but, in reality, their products are the same as many other sellers products.

You can tell the fanbois on here.... they simply cannot make a post without advertising their masters' name or even make a post that actually helps someone with a problem.

No-one knows who made the first Flytouch, the reality is that the Chinese manufacturing model allows for many different original manufacturers. Certainly Gome sold Flytouches before iBex and ************, which, by definition, makes their flytouches clones as well as everybody elses.
  5. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

No this has nothing to do with this pad. Please do not offer advice you do not understand yourself.

See above post. Also I can write a prlog saying Santa sneezes golden snowflakes and it would be just as valid as yours.

No, and it is irresposible at best, likely malicious, to even suggest you try it. It would most likely not work at all but if it did it would probably permanently brick your tablet. Not because you have an "evil defective cursed by the Android Fairy clone", but because these tablets have completely different architecture.

Amen and Merry Christmas.
  6. thel2dab

Thanks for this. Also is apad.TV part of ibex or something as they also appear very biased.

Lee
  7. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

Apad is Chinagrabbers "support" site that pretends to be independent. ************ is the company that orders the pads from the factory then brands them ibex.
  8. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

Which will not work on these pads. But lets interject some truth here. It is not an ibex only rom. It will work on any disco10 except the 803.
  9. famonaco

famonaco Active Member

mate can u post it pls?
  10. dart16

dart16 Well-Known Member

iBex released the FT5 when they received the shipment from the factory that they buy them from...in exactly the same way as every other Chinese seller.
    including the one iBex uses
    the many on-line dictonaries have better definitions
    This is not proof of upgraded components, it is proof that different factories assembled these tablets using different modules (whatever they had to hand) not necessarily better, not necessarily worse.... just different. Where is your proof that all iBex FT3 tablets wifi use upgraded components? You don't have any because it is not true.
    You posted yesterday that you were still waiting for your FT5 so how does that make you an expert? Even when you receive it, how can you compere it with a FT6 as you don't have one?
    So it explains why you keep spamming this forum with your overly biased posts. Feel free to post them on apad.tv where they will be applauded.
    I am not a 'bois' of any description, I will, and do, advise people to check all sellers, including the one you love so dearly, before making a purchase. I also would prefer to make my own mind up on things without all your biased advertising posts. If you have a link that may be of interest to people post it....ONCE.
    No-one is being insulted here.
    There are sellers on here, yes. Do they bombard every thread with adverts?....No.....unlike you and the other iBex advertisers.
    Proof?..ibex/************ did not write the firmware for any of the flytouches, they do not own it, they cannot release any tablet until the firmware owners release it to the masses and you cannot prove when every other seller released their offerings. Tim & FF release updated firmware that work in all FT3's, not just the iBex one. They are based at apad.tv for whatever reason but they do not work for them (AFAIK)
    ************ cant seem to make up their minds whether the FT5 has a hump where the RJ45 is or not. They also seem to be in a bit of a quandary as to whether there is one or two OTG USB ports.....so NOT AS DESCRIBED! (I know it is only a small point but you seem to want to insist that they supply items 'as described')
    quote me ONE tangible difference.
    Thats a bit rich coming from you. Show me ONE post where you have actually helped someone without posting a link to iBex saying something along the lines of 'send it back and buy a proper one.'
  11. dart16

dart16 Well-Known Member

No proof of that required, many factories used a different wifi module that contained a different chipset so different drivers were required. Tim, and I believe also FF have integrated the required drivers into their firmware releases.
    Give it up. You have no proof of when other sellers started selling their tablets.
    Almost all of the queries on here and other forums are asking for help because the purchasers did not perform due diligence before parting with their cash, or because their tablet has stopped working due to a fault. Nothing to do with mis-representation.
  12. thel2dab

To be fair I don't think the thread was started for this arguing. If you don't own the tablet in the thread title and cannot help those who do you don't really need to reply with comments like this. And before you say it I know im not a mod. But we all need to be helpful as we can all learn from each others experience. Anyway I will post the firmware when I get it. But I have been told that you cannot copy the files as the tablet won't accept the firmware.
  13. famonaco

famonaco Active Member

you are right, i open this thread for 2 reasons: i bought the tablet in the title, i made firmware for android desire hd so i can try to port one of this "official" firm for our tablet
  14. thel2dab

Maybe a good place to start is looking at the flytouch 5 firmware. Will download it tonight at least abd the try and tear it apart tomorrow.

Lee
  15. famonaco

famonaco Active Member

perfect me download it too so we talk tomorrow ;)
    cheers
  16. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

famonaco, the FT5 firmware is for Cortex A8 ARMv7 architecture. You would want to start with something bases on the x200 ARMv6. dart16 gave you some links to different custom firmware that while not for your tablets specifically it they would be good places to start as they are based off the same core platform. But they are 2.2. You might try checking out XDA developers or Slatedroid for more help.
  17. famonaco

famonaco Active Member

well in tablet rom i'm new so all the help is great :)
    ps: which programs use the tablet modder to decompile and recompile the rom??? :rolleyes:
  18. thel2dab

One piece of info i have come by. It appears our firmware starts as an image file and is then written to an sd card with a program like win32 disk imager. Where as older firmware doesnt appear to need this. Is this right.
  19. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

I have only really played around with it a little bit. The Flytouch 3 Disco you can do some of it just through 7zip. In linux you can open and edit most img files. I have been playing around with Skypad img files using Mint but for some reason when I rebuild the img it reads it and acts like the system install, but the pad locks and I have to reflash to stock. Two tools that are supposed to work in a Window environment are osfmount and Ext2Fsd-0.51 but I haven't had a chance to sit down and try them.
  20. lennyratz

lennyratz Member

21. dart16

dart16 Well-Known Member

OK... you are just trolling now.

Those links are for a totally different platform. The Tab10 is x220 based. The links you refer to are A8-Cortex based and WONT WORK.
  22. famonaco

famonaco Active Member

well i compared my firmware ( with root explorer) and tima6 and the differences are only in the build .prop............possible???? btw i can't enter to recovery give me always error :(
  23. Rabid1

Rabid1 Well-Known Member

The problem would be if the kernels are different, drivers. Tim's doesn't include a boodloader so I don't think it would entirely brick your pad.

Likely if it is giving an error going into recovery it is setup to only flash, so there has to be a file present. The Supernova is setup that way and very annoying.
  24. thel2dab

Does anyone know how our hardware differs to the disco tabs is it just the battery voltage.

Lee
  25. famonaco

famonaco Active Member