Last Updated:

1. jmxp69

jmxp69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

3. jmxp69

So Sprint has: Hero, Moment, Nexus 1, EVO 4, i1. The Android OS lineup more than doubled in a matter of days.

I'd sell RIM stock right about now...

4. maxinspace

maxinspace Active Member

It looks amazing, but I doubt Wisconsin is going to get WiMax for quite a while... I'm going to stick with the Nexus when it comes out on Sprint. The EVO 4g totally outclasses it, but for me it's not a big deal when I won't even have a 4g connection.

5. jmxp69

For reasons I don't comprehend, Sprint added Cleveland and Cincy to their 4g rollout schedule and skipped Columbus. So, I'll have to wait for 4g, but that screen <drool>.

6. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

They wanted to make sure I had 4G first (cincy), sorry.

7. jmxp69

I guess Cincy needs *something* to look forward to. ;p

8. andrewcgrimm

andrewcgrimm Well-Known Member

The newest Android Device coming to Sprint Summer of 2010

HTC EVO

Looks like I'll be paying full retail due to getting the Hero at upgrade price

9. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

already been posted

10. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

anyone else notice the live wallpapers with sence running same time

11. awesomecomb

awesomecomb Well-Known Member

Sarcastly, I wonder if Lexington is close enough to Cincinnati to get 4g.

12. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

The ONLY thing I worry about is ... too big for the pocket? I will have to wait for an upgrade, because I will never pay a laptop's price for a phone.

13. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Yeah, I worry about the same thing. The Hero fits perfectly in my pocket, anything bigger wouldn't fit quite right. It might be a back pocket phone...

14. jazzneel

jazzneel Well-Known Member

eh 4.3 inches is kinda really big....although it would be nice to have the 4g. I would honestly probably rather have the nexus one, esp since it has a scroll wheel too, plus the snapdragon as well (i know the EVO does too)

15. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

What I really don't get is how Detroit has gotten passed up for 4g, it's the 11th largest metro area in the country with almost 5 million people.

16. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about Detroit, but Houston is the 4th largest city and still no 4G. I think it will be coming in several months (hopefully). :)

17. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

because it sucks and is a joke of a city... and i live here :D (although getting the eff out soon)...

they probably figured not enough income per capita here to justify, or some crazy thing like that... one of the highest unemployments in the country...

although we gets me is I saw a list that had Grand Rapids on it... WTF??? :confused:

oh - and detroit seems to have a major at&t presence... could be that sprint just can't negotiate enough towers to support 4G ??? :confused:

18. gdubmedia

gdubmedia Member

Sooo...the Evo does 3G as well. :) I live in Nashville, i'm not even on the second phase rollout map, and I'm still swiping this thing up when it's released. 3G is plenty fast on Sprint, and when 4G is rolled out, I'll be ready. :)

19. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

same^ i have it at home but i'm only there over summer, i live in norman the rest of the year, which in all reality MIGHT get it sometime just cause it is so densely populated and sprint already has CRAZY 3g here and stores everywhere, so it'd be a good purchase for them... but for now, no 4g in Norman but i am STILL getting this phone no matter what, we have WiFi all over campus, anywhere i go, even walking to classes between trees in the field i get WiFi, so i figure if i wanna used 4g features such as video stream, i can just use WiFi instead until we get 4g here

20. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

WiMax is similar to WiFi anyways, no? it's like a long range WiFi.... so if you have some good wifi hotspots, the immediate lack of 4G might not be such a deal breaker... the specs say that voice will remain CDMA and data would be the 4G portion...

21. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yup, exactly my thoughts and why i will be getting it regardless of weather or not norman get s 4g since it has a wifi blanket

22. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

Hot phone. I'm excited for its release. The Evo 4G will be the replacement for my Droid. Sony waited too long to release the Xperia X10 and now this one is showing its head- sounds like a great device- the best part is the fact that it does not have a physical keyboard!

23. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Well if that rumor about Walmart having WiMAX towers on every store is true, then the coverage map will surely look sweet. But that would lead to the question, can Clearwire/Sprint handle the extra load of new customers without spontaneously combustion. :eek:

TS out

24. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Very funny :D

25. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that Grand Rapids is getting 4g for the same reason they get everything else. Devos or Van Andel probably donated money to build the network. As for Detroit, the metro area still has a very high per capita income. Awhile back Oakland county was the richest in the nation.