• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Supersu is stuck at installing update

andsa

Apr 11, 2011
I have rebooted it as it says if the update takes longer than 5 min, and it's still stuck.

I even downloaded superuser and checked the binary update, but it wwas a fail the instant i tried to download it from the superuser app instead of supersu.

Yeah, it sounds like you didn't get root properly installed--i.e., perhaps you didn't get the bootloader unlocked (which would explain why the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip didn't flash successfully)?

I skimmed through the page from the link you cited above for rooting your device...did you encounter any issues, warnings, errors while doing this and can you double-check that you bootloader is indeed unlocked?

edit: another thought--were you able to actually run the custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) to try to flash the .zip file?

Upvote 0
Yeah, it sounds like you didn't get root properly installed--i.e., perhaps you didn't get the bootloader unlocked (which would explain why the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip didn't flash successfully)?

I skimmed through the page from the link you cited above for rooting your device...did you encounter any issues, warnings, errors while doing this and can you double-check that you bootloader is indeed unlocked?

edit: another thought--were you able to actually run the custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) to try to flash the .zip file?

The bootloader is unlocked, but it seems the supersu didn't flash properly even after i have flashed it twice.

No warnings or anything. Everything went successful.

I haven't flashed CWM for years after my little bricking incident when i tried clockwork mod and cyanogenmod 7 back when lg optimus 2x and htc one X was out :p

Upvote 0
The only other thing I could think of would be to reboot into custom recovery and see if you can get a root "#" prompt ("adb shell" then "su"):

c:\> adb shell
$ su
#

That should help let you know that you're rooted at least from an adb prompt.

Also, did you say you are using the SuperUser or SuperSU app?

SuperSU should be getting auto-installed for you from flashing the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file...you won't need both SuperUser and SuperSU (and probably don't want to have them both installed in fact).

Upvote 0
I was originally trying to only use the supersu 2.46 version that i flashed with the shield root img in the root folder.

cfba918474.png

Upvote 0
I haven't flashed CWM for years after my little bricking incident [...]

As you haven't mentioned installing another recovery I'm assuming that you don't actually have one on the device, which will make fixing the problem... problematic.

My suggestion is to install recovery and SuperSU as per this post. There's also a TWRP recovery available here, if you#d prefer that to CWM.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones