• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Superuser Permission Question

druidking

Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
I'm sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it specifically. I recently rooted my Eris to 2.1 (using GrdLock's guide) and have trouble accessing superuser permission. The program labeled this opens to a blank screen and force closes, and when I tried to download a widget to overclock my processor, it could not work because it was unable to access the superuser permission. I thought that this came standard with rooting, so is there something I did wrong?

Also, occasionally I have been unable to place or recieve a call. The call timer runs as if I'm on the line, but I can't hear anything at all. I usually have to turn off/on my phone to fix it, but was wondering if this was another problem associating with the rooting or superuser permission.

Thanks

you need to turn on usb debugging go to settings-applications-development make sure that usb debugging is checked on. Once a rooted program is installed super user will then ask permission to change the setting on the phone. FYI there are no current ROMS for the eris that are overclockable.

almost fully correct. make sure usb debug is turned on, also that its in charge mode, not mount. then open up a cmd window in the /tools/ dir of your sdk and type adb shell and then su...you will see a popup on your phone asking to allow, hit allow always allow. you may have to restart your phone if this doesnt work the first time. this happ'd to me when i was using grdlocks vanilla for the first time.

hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones