SuperUser vs SuperSU?General

Last Updated: 2013-04-21 03:51:07
  1. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

Which is better on Samsung Galaxy S3? Why do you think it's better?

I have SuperUser Elite, but I've read SuperSU grants permission faster... does it?

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Personally I haven't noticed a difference. I just like having the latest and greatest:) Super Su
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its comparing apples to oranges.

You have to compare:

SuperSU v SuperUser
    SuperSU Pro v SuperUser Elite

Never seen a need to go "pro" or change from the one that comes packaged in the ROM. Although, If I had a choice, I'd probably go Chainfire.
  4. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

So I have SuperUser. How do I switch from SuperUser to SuperSU? Do I just install SuperSU and uninstall SuperUser? Would SuperSU just take over?
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

I have done that and after downloading SuperSu, just go into Super Su and update the binaries. Then SuperSu will take over.
    If you want to uninstall SuperSu and go back to regular Superuser, see the instructions on his app in the PlayStore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDMsImV1LmNoYWluZmlyZS5zdXBlcnN1Il0.

Edit: just make a nandroid backup before doing so....just in case. :)
  6. RohitJain

RohitJain New Member

I needed root for Titanium Backup. When I installed SuperUser, Titanium still complained it did not have root access. When I installed SuperSU Titanium was happy. So that is a very specific case but in my case SuperSU worked better.