Supplied Headphones Question

Last Updated:

1. Sporty

Sporty Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I have a question about the headphones supplied with the Desire. I've not got mine yet, but are they any good? I normally use sennheiser CX300 II's, are they as good as these.....or better? I need to get some more headphones as mine are knackered. I was going to order a pair of CX300's for when my Desire arrives, but if the ones supplied are as good, then I'll not bother and save the $$$.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. balders

balders Well-Known Member

I don't think they are to bad for standard ear phones. I think they look a bit like something from b&o.

You get a decent bass, goof enough that I can't hear my missis shouting me. I'm no audio buff or anything.

The controls are nice and simple. Just bang them in and press play and your off. When you get a call its a nice fade down and the pic up from the mic on the cord is ok.

Only gripe is that the wire is sticky rubber that seems to get tangled really easily.

No one loves ya like a ninja.

3. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

Go ahead and order. The included earphones are worthless..

4. balders

I didn't think that were that bad and they are free, but each to their own.

No one loves ya like a ninja.

5. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the included ones. I have a

6. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member

I get interference on my HTC headset when WiFi or 3G is on but I seem to be unique in that respect. I'm after better ones with the in-line controls but they just don't exist.

7. Sporty

Sporty Member This Topic's Starter

OK, thanks guys for your comments. I think I'll wait and see what they're like. Worst thing is I've got to use them for a few days if I don't like them while I wait for replacements arrive.

Cheers again!

8. robobobo

robobobo Active Member

If your used to more expensive in ear head phones, then you won't be able to bear the supplied headphones, they hit your ears and sound is nowhere near as good because there not in ears.

9. Kyoujin

Kyoujin New Member

Go for the CX 300 II, I did after trying the included earphones. For listening inside they're alright, if not great in sound quality, but outside they become completely useless. I listened to a podcast while walking next to a not-so-busy road, and every time a car went past I couldn't hear well enough to understand what was being said. Sound isolation is much more important outside, which is something that the included earphones just don't do.

10. balders

This is really odd, would the banding having anything to do with the volume on the device? The quality/bit rate of the audio file?

I know that my hearing isn't quite what it should be as I spent my youth bouncing round speaker stacks as big as a small house.

I've tried several different quality/styles of music with the standard earphone and a pair of Shure SE115's. The SE115's they are the base Shure model but still pretty decent.

The media volume does have to be up to the max with the stand phones and the sound isolation isn't as good as the Shure's but for a standard pair its more than acceptable.

I use to have a Nokia 5800 what was billed as a music phone but the audio playback was appalling. You were able to hold a conversation while listening to music at full wack and became completely useless outside.