[SUPPORT] refurbished EVO's - How can you tell?Support

Last Updated:

1. DIESTROnG

DIESTROnG Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am receiving a replacement Evo in the next couple days, that is being mailed to me from Sprint, initiated by a Supervisor. I specifically requested a new device and not refurbished.

He instructed me to keep my current battery and memory card to use with the "new" device, which as an afterthought, leads me to believe that it may be a refurb?

Is there a way to determine whether or not a device is a refurb? Maybe build date, hardware version etc...? Anything?

On a side note, I am aware of the 30 day rule. This is a special case where I got them to extend my "30 days" out for 2 more weeks. So in reality, this is after my initial 30 days, but because of my extension, it is within the "30 days." Did that even make any sense? hahah

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

If it comes in the original box it's new. If it's just the phone in a brown box, chances are it's a refurb.

3. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

##786# in the dialer and a secret menu should show up. check there

Kelita, dtrose and DIESTROnG like this.
  4. DIESTROnG

DIESTROnG Active Member This Topic's Starter

That's what I was figuring.... hence the question, is there anyway to tell by looking at the ID numbers on the device or something within the setting that indicates it is a refurb?

5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

This ^

dtrose and DIESTROnG like this.
  6. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

So I'm getting a replacement EVO on Monday, and the manager of the Sprint store said that it's far more likely I'll get a new model than a refurbished model. I'm hoping that I get a new one.