• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SOLVED][SM-G930A] Messages and Gmail crash when ever I try to use them. Any 4APK1 Firmware Link?

KingOfTheNet

Sep 26, 2016
My Galaxy S7's Messages & Gmail app crash whenever I send a text and whenever I try to open an email. I've already tried clearing cache and app data and nothing has worked. I've also tried re-flashing /system with Odin and that doesn't seem to solve the problem. I don't want to factory reset the device.

All replies are appreciated!

Cheers!

Edit: Bug in the rom, I found the APK1 firmware and upgraded to that. All problems solved!

Last edited:
My Galaxy S7's Messages & Gmail app crash whenever I send a text and whenever I try to open an email. I've already tried clearing cache and app data and nothing has worked. I've also tried re-flashing /system with Odin and that doesn't seem to solve the problem. I don't want to factory reset the device.
Device's Current Firmware Version: G930AUCU4APJ4

Latest Firmware Version: G930AUCU4APK1
2nd question, can anyone give me a link to the latest Odin firmware for this device, I have the original OTA file, but recovery won't let me flash it ('Status 7. ERROR!').
All replies are appreciated!
Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones