• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Support] Sprint TV + HDMI out + portable DVD player??

nbm400

Apr 30, 2010
St. Louis
I'm trying to find a portable DVD player that has an HDMI input so I can stream Sprint TV to the back seat of the car for the kids to watch.

Two questions...

1. Does the HDMI out work with Sprint TV?

2. Does a portable DVD player with HDMI input exist (I've looked around and had not luck)?

If I can find a way to pull this off it it might make the xmas road trip tolerable.

Thanks

to answer your question about sprint tv,

sprint tv will not work on the hdmi out. its not impossible to do but it would not be worth watching. the bandwidth sprint tv uses + the resolution/bit rate is designed for small 4 inch screens. blowing that tiny frame up on a 8 inch screen or even 6 inch screen would render the image unusable. you are better off dropping movies on the sd card and stream that if you want to use the evo.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link (the LMGTFY was a bit much, but I'll accept it as humorous).

I'm looking for a more traditional 7-10'' portable DVD player.

just about every electronics store has these on sale right now. I picked up one for the kiddo at Target. Sams club, Walmart you name it...they all have them.

What you are trying to do seems like a lot of work...and wires...and utilizes the phone while in the car

in my case I need the phone and the setup you are trying to achieve did not work well..having to disconnect it each time I needed something or wanted to use nav..or answer a call etc. kiddo didn't like that much

The dual screen dvd set up is nice..it takes me less than 5 minutes to burn a legal copy of a dvd for them to watch in the car. they have their own little book of them.

you might also look into something similar with an sd slot...so that you could just plug it right into the player. (like the new tablets that are rolling out)

i most likely will be picking up a cheapy tablet for the kiddo to play angry birds and watch movies on etc. me and the lady can use it while sitting around the house

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones