• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SUPPORT] Stock recovery without ODIN

for what? to send into get fixed? i don't but someone might.

Yes, so i can send it in to get repaired. The problem I have is covered under warranty but being a different recovery is not. I know rooting technically voids the warranty but this is a hardware malfunction having nothing to do with root or Cwm or anything that I did to it. I just want to get it fixed for what is covered by warranty. Not trying to be deceiving or anything I just don't want them to hassle me because I made my phone better.

:musicus:

Upvote 0
Yes, so i can send it in to get repaired. The problem I have is covered under warranty but being a different recovery is not. I know rooting technically voids the warranty but this is a hardware malfunction having nothing to do with root or Cwm or anything that I did to it. I just want to get it fixed for what is covered by warranty. Not trying to be deceiving or anything I just don't want them to hassle me because I made my phone better.

:musicus:
i'm not sure but i think there is no stock without root or cwm out there. could be wrong!!! but do you have a stock like ejo6 after rooted backup? should have saved one as soon as rooted, i'd have to really look but don't know if my md5"s would match for you or not?

Upvote 0
Put this file on your SD Card and flash it from CWM, it's the ej06 stock rom without root... http://bit.ly/AuxVgI

After that you can flash the stock recovery image to your phone through WirelessADB to finish off your phone being completely stock at that point... :p

Hope this helps... :D

That link you provided is Odin files and isn't flashable
:thinking::thinking::thinking:
Did you read the OP?
Did you put up the wrong link?

As far as i know halfass rom is as close to a stockrom.zip as we got.
But even so, all he asked for was stock recovery in flashable form.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the help, but I decided to replace my recovery partitions data with... ... ... somethimg else. I no longer need it anymore but if anyone searches the forum having this issue I dont want them to find a dead thread. So please if somebody has a flashable versoin of the stock recovery, dont leave me hangin. Oh and by the way, rom manager cant brick your phone.... I tried viggorously...

Upvote 0
Whats wrong with using ODIN?
In the hroak ODIN thread there are stock images there to flash all the way back to original stock...........

WHY make your life harder OP?
ODIN is easy as pie and you have computer access it seems....
I have a broken USB port and am unable to use ODIN. I was wondering if there was any way to flash the stock recovery back to my phone using Cwm.

Does anyone have a 'stock recovery.zip' maybe?
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
Whats wrong with using ODIN?
In the hroak ODIN thread there are stock images there to flash all the way back to original stock...........

WHY make your life harder OP?
ODIN is easy as pie and you have computer access it seems....

I was going to say something about reading an OP then reply but I looked at the avitar again and it all became clear duuuuuude

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones