• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Support: Using ps3 controller

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
So I'm trying to get my ps3 controller paired with my EVO 4G LTE and having some troubles. I saw over on XDA that it should be supported but I can't get it to work.

1)I've downloaded the compatibility checker-that said all was good.
2)I've downloaded the sixaxis pair tool and entered the local bluetooth address for the phone and pressed update
3) I unpluged the controller, the light goes from blinking red to solid red (which should mean its connected?)
4) I try to hit pair controller in the app and it says "No controller found-please connect via USB cable.

Anyone actually use this/get it to work before?

I didn't see any other thread relating to this, but may have missed it.

I'm unfamiliar, so, is this a root thing?

And once paired, are there specific games or apps that benefit or is it something in general?

Correct root is required for the app. Basically you enter the app and manually set up where you want the buttons on the controller to touch the screen. You'll generally have to create a profile for each game you play.

It seems like our stock kernels might have some multi touch bugs, and but this is something that should be fixed with custom ones.

Example games I've used it with so far:
Cs portable
Minecraft
Nba jam
Temple run (analog stick to jump/turn. I still need to figure out tilting)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
If you don't mind can you point us to what we need to do this. I'm very much interested in giving it a try. Ill have a blast playing Kung fu and double dragon using this!!!!

No problem. To accomplish this, you need 2 pieces of software.
The Sixaxis controller app from the play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...5ncGl4ZWxzdHVkaW9zLnNpeGF4aXNjb250cm9sbGVyIl0.
The sixaxis pair tool from the developers website:
Dancing Pixel Studios

You use the sixaxis pair tool to pair the controller to your devices bluetooth address (settings>about>hardware information)

You then use the sixaxis controller app to start the required drivers on the phone and set up where you want things to touch for what button.

The developers website does a great job of explaining the setup process.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To map things with the sixaxis app you just go into whatever game you want to play, take a screen shot (power+home), and then go into the sixaxis app and hit menu>preferences>touch emulation>edit touch profiles. double tap for menu and then load the screen shot as the backgorund. From there you can assign buttons to the correct locations where you would normally press onscreen. Below this post I will attach a screenshot of what I'm talking about

Upvote 0
Screen shot of my button setup for Nba jam
Before:
3252b7e0-dc57-9e49.jpg

After:
3252b7e0-db9c-6708.jpg

As you can see, the left analog stick is used for moving my player, triangle is jump/shoot, pass/steal is circle, turbo is r2

Reactions: AM2 and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
So I'm trying to get my ps3 controller paired with my EVO 4G LTE and having some troubles. I saw over on XDA that it should be supported but I can't get it to work.

1)I've downloaded the compatibility checker-that said all was good.
2)I've downloaded the sixaxis pair tool and entered the local bluetooth address for the phone and pressed update
3) I unpluged the controller, the light goes from blinking red to solid red (which should mean its connected?)
4) I try to hit pair controller in the app and it says "No controller found-please connect via USB cable.

Anyone actually use this/get it to work before?

I didn't see any other thread relating to this, but may have missed it.
I have a galaxy a3, no otg, no pc, I have the sixaxis app , but I can't find a way of discovering or pairing the controller with no pc
help !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones