[Support] using WiFi Xbox360 with EVO4g hotspot?Support

1. boriqua2000

boriqua2000 Well-Known Member

i was thinking of trading in my xbox 360 and getting the new one with built in Wifi.my plan is to cancel my cable and internet and using the EVOs hotspot feature to run my computer and to play games online on my Xbox.is this posible? has anyone done this? do you guys think that the online games will be laggy? will netflix still look good or will it start buffering? any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. RedhddOne

RedhddOne Active Member

I've not tested this, of course, but I wouldn't try using the Wifi Hotspot for gaming. Call me crazy... but I think you'll have serious troubles and be thoroughly disappointed in the results.

I am not an expert, so if anyone else has tried this and had success, please chime in.
  3. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

you will be laggy as hell 3g/4g is not fast enough for online gaming like xbox live.
  4. StealthTH

StealthTH Well-Known Member

Speed wise they're fast enough, where it is going to kill you though is latency.
  5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea, latency will be the issue.

I can tether on 3G in tallahassee here, and I can play TF2. However, I can't join a server with more than 5-8 people in it, otherwise when I try moving at ALL my ping spikes from 90-112 to around 600. Otherwise, while moving and shooting, the worst it gets is around 180 to 200 with 6 people.