• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help support with a few things commando

Just got a flashed commando, and I love it but....how can I teather it to my pc (as its my only source of internet) without rooting it? I get 10gigs of web every month so not concerned about going over my limit. Also battery life? Is their a reliable app to save my battery? And how bout getting the tactile key to be the flashlight? Anyone tried downloading a flashlight app to do that? Or is their a trick to get the tactile key to control widgets? Please help!!!

1) There are tethering apps that don't require root. Look for them in the Play store. (Or root it. All that means is that you get administrative rights to the operating system, it doesn't break anything by itself.)

2) Run the charger while you're tethering, so that even if the phone is using more current than the charger supplies, it won't run the battery down as fast.

3) Can't help you with the buttons or the light.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones