• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Supported video formats?

mikebeecham

Sep 17, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm just trying to find out what video formats are supported on the Hero? I've tried mkv and avi, but no go on either. This is particularly frustrating since all my movies / video files are in mkv and avi.

Anybody have any info? Also, if these formats CAN be supported through the use of an app, does anyone have any clues as to which would help me out?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm just trying to find out what video formats are supported on the Hero? I've tried mkv and avi, but no go on either. This is particularly frustrating since all my movies / video files are in mkv and avi.

Anybody have any info? Also, if these formats CAN be supported through the use of an app, does anyone have any clues as to which would help me out?

Thanks.

ah mkv thats that hd format my bloody xbox wont play!!!!
ive only tried mp4 and that works.
but i think there are apps out that support other formats, i jus havnt needed to get one yet.

Supported video formats include MPEG-4, H.263, H.264 and Windows Media Video 9

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones