1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sure would be nice if they made a app for android like this iphone app.....

Last Updated:

1. moneymaker

moneymaker Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. minyangmao

minyangmao Well-Known Member

it's mad expensive though...like $500 for the car install part.

3. moneymaker

true but viper is like the best alarm system anyway, you get what you pay for, just like all of us who spent good money on our droids

4. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

lol, it will be hilarious the first time someone stops carrying their keys and get into a spot where neither the car nor the phone have signal. lol

5. moneymaker

doesnt matter if that happened, your car key still works. You dont have to use the app its just neat to have.

6. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

you know some dip shit will stop carrying his key fob to do disarm the alarm

7. tmmedic20

tmmedic20 Member

Wonder is GMC/Chevy would be willing to port this into their OnStar system and allow access for droid/iphone, i know they are capable of remotely starting/locking/unlock the car shouldnt be to big of an issue to allow remote access.

Any ideas on how to get that info to them?

8. moneymaker

wish i did but i dont have a chevy or a gmc, y not make it universal like this app..

9. tmmedic20

tmmedic20 Member

Sorry, not saying this is a bad app, but the hardware to use it is little on the pricey side, was just saying since all the hardware is already there for a OnStar subscriber it might be an idea. its late and was just brain storming, i dont actually possess the intellect to program something like this nor the patience.

10. mxrider821

mxrider821 Well-Known Member

lol, i was just about to make a thread about this..

BUUUUMP This, i already have the viper 791vx installed on my truck and i can do remote start with my remote right now. but we need to this to come to the droid ASAP!

11. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

so stupid, i sell these at work ( well at least we try) and the whole idea is just a show to see what dumb apps they can come up with. no joke it will take u like .2 seconds to hit the button on your keyfob while god knows how long it will take you to find your phone, unlock it, find the app, wait for it to load and then hit the button..

12. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

So...now if someone steals your phone they can also steal your car and everything in it?

Some things should stay separated. They might as well make it so that you can open your home and business doors with your phone as well. Then you're life would be completely screwed.

13. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Haha, so true. A long time ago I bought an ipaq pda which had an infared beam on it, and a universal tv remote. My car fob actually used infared, so I setup the remote to unlock the car and was amazed it actually worked. Even though I almost always had the ipaq with me, it was such a PITA to get it out load it and hit the button I never used it. On the other hand it was a nice backup in case I locked the keys in the car, and was too lazy to crawl under the car to get my hide-a-key.

14. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member

people still use viper alarm systems? lol i havent see that shit on a car in a while? mebe thats cuz the cars i see all come with pre-installed alarm systems if they are expensive enough to need one and the shitty kias... well who cares.

15. Ace Ventura

Ace Ventura Well-Known Member

Remote-start car alarms come with a remote control to to all this... except for the where's-my-car deal.

Anyway...

16. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Of course; anything from DEI is solid. For example, why would I buy a factory option alarm for my $25K Tacoma and pay interest on it so it ends up being 4 times the price of a Viper? Doesn't take much thought to figure that one out.

Now, this Iphone app is worthless unless you want to be a complete toolbag and show off to your friends or something.

17. DevinB

DevinB Active Member

The few times I've locked my keys in my car, I had my phone with me. Just to have the option to use my phone to unlock it those couple of times would be worth it. Would I pay extra to have the feature? No. But if the alarm already came with the option as a bonus, I wouldn't complain.

18. mxrider821

mxrider821 Well-Known Member

i would pay for this app for sure, it would just be like an extra remote. i just recently bought one and they were like 90$ there not cheap thats for sure.. so i wouldnt mine paying some $$ (all though it would be BETTER if it was free lol

19. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

You still need the key to drive the car. All remote start systems will kill the engine if you hit the gas or change gears without the key in the ignition. What I want to know, does this system have a larger range than the key fobs? Usually I can see my car from my office, but the car can't hear the fob. It's nice to start the car, then get my coat on and go out to the car. By then the seats aren't exactly like sitting on a concrete bench, at -40F that foam rubber gets freaking hard.

20. briain

briain Member

I was just about to say this that u need the key because as sson as the gear is engaged it cuts the ignition. The hardware isn't that expensive I bought a bike alarm with this feature for

21. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Best Buy has good deals on installed vipers

22. jcstahl1

jcstahl1 New Member

actually on the Directed Electronics installer forum, the DEI employed admins have confirmed that the app will come to Android. they are doing a blackberry one first and then one for us android users. no official announcement or tentative release date yet.

23. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I have to say I miss my remote start. Had one on my last car but can't have one on my new car as it is a hybrid. Bummer. I would love this app too. Just for backup if nothing else. I tend to lock myself out of my car occasionally if I have my hands full. It happens...

24. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Nothing like a remote start on a freezing cold winter day. While you shiver your butt off in below zero temps, I am getting dressed in my house while my car warms up. :p

25. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

also btw.. best buy is the only authorized reseller of the smart start system for the first 90 days i believe. its funny because we've been getting calls from "people" asking us to activate their alarms saying they bought it somewhere else lol. viper is aware of the big time scam thats going on where people are trying to steal peoples account.

also, its like $500 install for the smart start but majority of cars will need a bypass as well. if you already have a 5xxx series viper you can add the smart start for like $200 installed