Survey for those with Shell Holster Combo! Please Help!

Is there a looseness on the left side of your screen after removing the shellholster?

1. Yes, there is now a larger space between screen and keyboard!

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Nope still a solid, tight slider

12 vote(s)
    85.7%

Last Updated:

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay guys bear with me...

For those who have this case please vote! After you have put on your case for awhile and taken off the top part of the case, has it loosened the left side of the screen? I feel like this case might be responsible for slightly spreading out the space between the screen and keyboard on the left hand side! This has caused a clicking issue whenever pressing anywhere on the left hand side of the case!:mad:

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

Bummmpppppp!!!

3. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

I don't use the exact case you have. I use the full body case verizon sells and when taken off do not notice anything clicking.

4. crosschecking

crosschecking Well-Known Member

Have not noticed this but I don't take off the top part very much. I have found that I can fit mine in the car dock by only removing the lower part so the top part usually stays on. FWIW, I still have the silly plastic piece on the back of the screen. YMMV.

5. gonzoguy24

Lol thanks for posting guys!

6. gonzoguy24

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I did some inspecting of the case...

okay so get this...I think the reason my phone now (the one i am replacing) had it's screen loosened from the shell holster case FOR SURE...I am almost positive the top part of the case pryes the screen away from from the keyboard on the left side (this is caused by the tabs on the bottom of the phone...causing the screen to loosen...now it clicks when i push the left side of the screen down...The tabs that grab onto the screen i think are too thick!

I think i am going to try and sand down the tabs before i even consider putting this case on my refurb droid!

Please chime in ya'll!

7. metasin

metasin Well-Known Member

I replaced a phone already that had a very loose screen. I also had the case you are referring to and thought that it had something to do with it. As I look at the replacement phone it does seem like the space on the left side is smaller than needed to fit the tabs on the case. It must push the two halves apart some. Not sure if this caused it or just the act of taking the case off several times pulled it apart. Either way the second phone is perfect and solid and I will not use that case again.

8. gonzoguy24

Wowwwwwwww....looks like we're onto something! Bummppp bummpppp

9. cacophony

cacophony Member

I have the shell/holster combo. Bought it yesterday (Sunday). Just got the phone on Friday.

With the case on, no clicking.

Just tried taking the top part off, and it clicks a little on the left side. Mostly on the upper left, and maybe a little on the bottom left.

NOT sure if it was this way before I put the case on though. Again, just got the phone on Friday.

Not sure it bothers me though. If I started using the phone without the case, maybe it would? But again, not sure if it was that way prior to the case.

I figure over time, the phones will probably get loose though.

My only concern/hope is that the keyboard doesn't get so loose that it won't stay closed. Have you heard of anyone having that issue?

10. gonzoguy24

I 100 percent believe it is the case that does this....I am filing down the tabs as far as they will go and I will report back on my findings

11. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed anything yet. I originally had the clear plastic snap on hard cover but I have OCD when it comes to new electronics and when I would slide my phone it would scratch the the front right of the phone(under the mic) and along the back right of the slider along the screws. I just bought the shell/holster combo and i love it! Haven't noticed any gap yet (knock on wood), and the slide does seem tighter(with the clear plastic removed off of the slider). Will keep you guys updated.