Survived washing machine, but now phone won't sleep.Support

Last Updated:

1. Povester

Povester Active Member This Topic's Starter

I left my Galaxy in my trousers and they went through the washing machine. I took the battery out and left the phone to dry out for 3 days. Turned it back on and everything works: Screen fine, phone working.

My only issue now is the phone no longer sleeps. Spare Parts is showing 100% no sleep constantly, anyone have any idea how I can stop this (was working fine before the water damage). Could it be a battery issue? or is internal damage more likely? I'm running latest Galaxo. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

did you test if there isa key hanging?

3. Povester

Hmm, hadn't thought about the keys. They look OK, except the camera key. Seems to work, but when holding down the outcome seems a little strange. E.G sometimes, the holding it down opens the keyboard, and other times it brings up the shutdown menu. Thinking that could be the issue now.

4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Open up Galaxo+ and deactivate the camera button to see if it's better. ;)

You'll have to use the app shortcut to open the camera though.

5. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

could be there is still some water in there, maybe in a week or so it will be back to normal...

6. porga

porga Well-Known Member

Take your galaxy to some service and let them put phone in "Ultrasound bath" that will destroy remainind micro particles of water in device so it will not corrode.

Just drying is not enough.

7. koy

koy Active Member

I've got a similar problem:

I went swimming with mine (not voluntarily), and although sleep works I have a weird problem with calls and the alarm:

Whenever someone calls, the phone automatically picks it up, the ringtone doesn't last more than a second. The same thing occurs when I set up the alarm. It'll automatically dismiss it OR set it to snooze; after about 1 second of ringing.

Could this also still be some water residue, or is it a software problem?

8. Povester

Just an update, left the phone drying out since Sat night and Monday morning still getting the no sleeping issue. Will wait it out and hope it fixes itself, if not by end of the week will try and find a service centre to look at it.

9. porga

porga Well-Known Member

10. Tech

Tech Active Member

I'm not that god at english but, I'll try to explain:
    Pressing the camera button does not have to be the camera button.. :D
    Water makes shortcuts. so by pressing camera can do almost anything..You got it get cleaned..
    When my roommate got his phone dropped in toilet while doing no1, we let it dry for 4 ours, drying it with hairdryer, and than it work, next I found instructions how to open the phone, and knowing that alcohol can not make shortcircuit, and is quick dried, I cleaned it with alcohol, cause urine has salt witch is great electric current provider, so it had to be cleaned.. :)

11. Povester

As an update, looks like it was the camera button keeping the phone awake. Using Galaxo+ to disable it appears to fix my issue. Everything on the phone still working, which is good.

Tech: Glad your room mates urine phone is still working :)

12. Tech

Tech Active Member

Works but I don't wanna use it.. :D