sw upgrade hangSupport

Last Updated:

1. the2ndtinman

the2ndtinman Member This Topic's Starter

I have downloaded the drivers and tried everything I can think to get my moment to connect to sw upgrade so I can root and get recovery, it connected one time and I had the wrong file in in the binary folder now I cannot get it to connect and help would be great!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. the2ndtinman

bump

3. squiddy20

squiddy20 Active Member

4. Podar

Podar Active Member

If you're hanging at the 2 sec mark.....close it all down and retry....sometimes I have to start over 3-4 times when re=flashing to stock. Sometimes I even have to reboot my laptop to get the USB ports to respond(rarely). It eventually works. What step and how far are you getting into the process and are you using CL14 updater or the newer one with the patch?

5. the2ndtinman

my phone actually never connects the computer does not recognize it

6. squiddy20

squiddy20 Active Member

Is it showing up at all as a regular drive, like a USB thumb drive? If not try going to Settings>Applications>Development, and looking at the USB debugging box. If it's checked, uncheck it, or vice versa. Doing that should get it to recognize on your computer in some way.

Another question to help us help you in case the USB debugging doesn't work. When you plug the phone into your computer, does it at least recognize that a new device is attached and start searching for drivers and such?