SW versions: VH?

1. mandibee

mandibee New Member

I do have to apologize because I have zero knowledge of the android system. I have my Optimus S and am trying to root it. I am wondering if the references to VD and VC are the software version, and if so, why can't I find any information on the version I have(VH)? If I am just blind and can't find my way to such information, a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Also, I am not very familiar with the forum world. I just registered and tried to find answers. I apologize.

Advertisement
    :
  2. fifidaddy

fifidaddy Well-Known Member

What version are you currently on?
  3. Buddlespit

Buddlespit Member

V9, VC, VD and VH are all software versions. There is usually a Z or M prefixing them (ie- ZV9 or ZVH/MVH)
  4. ab30494

ab30494 Well-Known Member

Vd, vh and so on Are baseband version. just go to settings, and about phone, then look for base band and see what it says
  5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

Because this thread is very old and Maxiums's guide is now pretty outdated. The information on how to root and add a custom ROM for the Optimus S (software rev. ZVH, or MVH) is at the following link.
    [INFO] Welcome -- Basic Optimus S Guide for Newcomers [Info] - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    (Before you get started, you may want to consider reading my post #35 at that link because I think it clears up a few things-- especially for beginners, like me.)

The guide includes a link on how to root, which includes a link to optiauto-sdx.exe. That program is so simple to use. Just select "A".

I chose to install gROM. It works well. I'll try HyrdoROM soon.