• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swap carrier software?

Kaitlyn2004

Lurker
Nov 25, 2014
So I bought my Note 4 used and it was activated on Telus (Canada). I'm on Koodo and just did a factory reset, but it still installed/left on the Telus software.

Is there any way to truly refresh the device and get Koodo app instead of Telus? It's not a huge deal, just want to start off the "right" way...

When you buy a phone through a carrier, it is locked to that carrier.

The only way to do it that I am aware of is to root the phone and load a custom ROM designed for your carrier.

If it is possible to unlock your phone, you may be able to use a Koodo SIM card.

Try looking on the XDA forums and see if anyone has done this for your carrier yet.

Upvote 0
Koodo is under Telus - they are identical.

I had another Note 4, that I bought from Telus. Stuck the Koodo sim in and all was perfectly fine. IT installed the Koodo app, but no Telus stuff. It seems the problem is that it has already decided to install and leave on the Telus stuff. Just wondering if there is a way to truly reset the phone, because obviously Factory Reset is leaving their carrier stuff on...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones