Swapped out freeze prone DX for new DX, having issues with the new phone, would love some insight.Support

Last Updated:

1. etomaro

etomaro New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

So about three weeks ago I switched from ATT iPhone to Verizon DX. Couldn't have been happier, I've been an ATT network apologist for years, and I am eating my words with gusto. Also, absolutely love the android.

Now, the first DX they gave me would freeze on the motorola screen when I would turn it off (wait a couple few minutes) and turn it back on. I would have to do a battery pull and wait at least an hour to put the battery back in and turn it on in order to get it to boot. Brought it in, got a new one. This one starts up just fine every time, but I'm having two noticeable problems so far.

1 - It is waaaay slower than the first DX I had. I was so impressed/happy with the responsiveness of that first phone. Absolutely no lag anywhere, no lag on the unlock bar, no lag opening apps, scrolling through contacts, nothing. Now I'm getting very choppy lag on the unlock, contacts, apps, facebook and googlemaps will stop responding, etc...

2 - When I try to open the battery manager usage statistics, it gives me an error "The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Every time.

I have looked through some other lag threads on here, and have tried turning off animations, changing to performance mode, neither having any real effect. My settings and apps are identical to the first phone (neither rooted by the way), what happened here?

EDIT: Also tried booting to recovery and clearing cache....No change, possibly even more lag

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

This sounds strange to me. I'm almost tempted to thing there's something wrong with your phone. However, the same thing happened to me when I had the Droid Incredible (which I gave back for the DX). My issue with it turned out to be software related. I had installed an anti-virus program. It totally messed me up. I brought it into Verizon and they told me I had to do a factory reset. I did and it worked.

On the other hand, understand the the DX unlock screen does jump sometimes. However, I feel as if your issue is more substantial. So, I would be curious to know what software you have on the DX and if you tried a factory reset.

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

agreed

OP, can you list up all of your installed apps (not the ones that came on the phone, but the ones you got from the Market)

after that, if nothing stands out, I'd recommend a full factory reset

4. etomaro

Here are the apps I've installed:

Angry Birds

Google Earth

Facebook

google Translate

HuffPost

NPR News

NYTimes

Pandora

PdaNet

google Shopper

Super K.O. Boxing 2

WeatherBug

What's Today Calendar

WikiDroid

Yelp

Thanks for the feedback guys

5. quickaudi

Of those, try uninstalling weatherbug

6. etomaro

I have the background updating turned off for Weatherbug, still think it could be an issue?

7. quickaudi

Heard it was a battery hog in general...