swapped phones. How do i transfer my contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. Iowabucks

Iowabucks Member

Hey everyone, i'm sure there is an easy answer for this, but i admit, i'm not very smart phone savy. I just got a Motorola Triumph after using a Samsung Intercept for about a year. I found the Intercept to be terribly slow.

But for now i just got my Triumph activated and was wondering if there was any easy ways to transfer all my contacts from my phone to the new phone. Not necessarily for Facebook, but mainly so i don't have to add all my friends as contacts and their phone numbers again.

Is there an easy way to do this, or will i have to put them all in one by one over again?

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

As long as you had the contacts synced with your google account, they should be there when you sync it on your new phone. That is by far the easiest way.

I think there is also an import/export option when you hit the menu button in the contacts app. and you could export them to sd card and import them on the new phone using the same sd card.
  3. rsevans64

rsevans64 Well-Known Member

conect to wifi . sign in to gmail sync your contcats then you should be able to get them by sighning out and back into gmail and go sync contacts in settings on the triumph
  4. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes there is this is what I used until I was told about making sure my contacts were syncd with my google account.

To use that just go to contacts on your intercept, press settings button, then import/export, then export to SD card.. this will make a small .vcf file on your card.. then take your card out of the intercept insert it into your MT go to contacts, settings, import/export, import, and select what should be the only one unless you have made another backup of contacts before. Then wait for it to import all the contacts from that file, and you are done

Both ways are in their own way handy