Swapping apps on SD card to internal memory?Support

Last Updated:

1. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to take some of the data that is automatically downloaded to the SD card and have it run off the internal memory. Is there a list of apps that allows this without problems?

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I don't think thats possible as apps are unable to recognize the internal memory at this time.

3. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

i had tried this by creating a symolic link (ln -s) between sdcard and internal memory but it wouldn't let me.

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

this was one of the things people were a little pissy about a few weeks ago. the hard drive essentially has partitions in it allocating certain amounts of space for specific uses. It's not just one big space where you can throw all different things in.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Exactly. All the dev's will need to update their app's so they can read and use the internal memory. Either that or Google has to do some serious coding to somehow let apps see the internal memory and SD memory, I don't see that happening without more phones starting to come with internal storage.

6. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

I don't code android so i don't know but i wonder if the android has a default storage command. Like not hard linking it to /sdcard but something like $HOME but $STORAGE so the phone can put it where storage is available. either sd or internal.
    But again i don't code and android might not even have this option cuz inc is the first to come out with internal storage.

7. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanx for all the answers guys, really appreciate it. guess i'll just have to get a bigger SD card

8. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

The only thing that we "could" do (we cant I tried) is change the name of the internal storage from emmc to sdcard but Astro won't let me rename it to this. That is the only thing holding us back is the naming of the internal storage.