Swapping Hero for EVO?

Last Updated:

1. slimboutit

slimboutit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was planning to get the EVO soon as it came out and give my daughter my hero that I just got in Feb, but my daughter needs a new phone like yesterday. If I wait until I at least get a release date for the EVO then add a line and buy her a hero less than 30 days out from the release date. Would I be able to return her new Hero to get a subsidized EVO on the new line then swap phone numbers between the two so that I end up with the EVO on my number and she has my old hero on her number?

Advertisement
  2. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

If I am not mistaken, yes, but I am no Sprint CS expert. I am sure someone will come along and answer this more accurately, now that I bumped it up with my reply.

TS out

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Can you get her a prepaid cell phone to last her 5-6 weeks to skip this hassle?

Might be a dumb question...young girls need to text like i need crack

4. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

You should be able to, but remember that the release date isn't written in stone persay and it could be longer than 30 days. Also consider that you're giving this phone to a teenager (or at least I assume she is) and if you damage this "temp" phone you could be stuck with it if it's damaged or something unforeseen happens to it.

I'd really consider the pre-paid and tell her it's only a short term replacement for something that is really nice and worth the wait.