Swapping memory cardsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just got my class 6 8gb memory card and I want to make the switch. What's the best way to go about this? Should I just copy all contents of the stock memory card into a folder and then copy and past all of that onto the new card and then make the switch? Or is there a better way? I don't want to screw anything up and I don't want to lose anything (pics, music, settings, etc.)

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

you plan "a" is what i would do smitty

just copy it and paste to the new

3. smittythepig

i'll give it a shot now. i figured with so many people upgrading their memory cards there would be more responses. but i guess it's maybe just as simple as i thought. i just didn't want to mess anything up or have a bunch of duplicate folders and that kind of thing. not sure what the phone immediately adds to a card when you first format it in the phone. we'll see.

4. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

Yup, I just copied and pasted, everything worked fine. Made a temp folder on my desktop, copied entire SD card to it, then copied everything onto the new card... I did the final transfer with the card in the phone, and mounted to my computer, for the very reason you stated--i wanted to let the phone put whatever it wanted to on the card before i copied my crap over.

didn't have any problems!

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

and i guess are you guys seeing marked speed improvements? I NEED DETAILS! I HAVE $60 BURNING A HOLE IN MY PAYPAL ACCT!!!

6. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

camera's much snappier (like whoa), sync times are cut in half or better, and i'm looking forward to being able to run my apps off my super-snappy SD card once acidbath and the rest of the folks over there give us root...

so to answer your question: no, it's not worth it at all. you'd be better off just sending that $60 to me :)

7. smittythepig

seemed to work fine. no issues yet. however my ringer is now some bizarre christmas song or something. no clue what that's all about. changing it back now.