• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Swapping ROMs

Long time lurker, finally got around to rooting my Eris. I understand that with Nandroid backups, you can wipe and flash to any of the ROMs you've ever had as long as you made a Nandroid backup of it in the first place. How well do the settings in your apps hold up to this? My primary concern is wanting to be able to have a Blizzard Mobile Authenticator app on my phone, which occasionally syncs with some server somewhere to generate a random 8-digit code that I use to log into battle.net accounts. If I were to have it on say a KaosFroYo rom and made a Nandroid backup, then flashed an EvilEris ROM or w/e the case may be, would it still work if I flashed back or would I have to remove the authenticator each time I flash?

I know this isn't Blizzard tech support, but I doubt I'd get much help from them, since I don't think they would officially support reflashing and all that, so hopefully someone here has an idea of whether this would work or not.

I don't know if this answers your question but it basically makes an image of your rom, like Ghost for the computer. When you flash back to it the rom is in the exact same state as it was when you took the backup. If you made the backup 10 days ago and flash back to it all the settings will be the same as they were 10 days ago.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this answers your question but it basically makes an image of your rom, like Ghost for the computer. When you flash back to it the rom is in the exact same state as it was when you took the backup. If you made the backup 10 days ago and flash back to it all the settings will be the same as they were 10 days ago.

Yep! Good explaination. Its kind of like a "time machine" :D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones