Swapping to another Evo... will my market purchases transfer along with everything else?

Last Updated:

1. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a defective Evo. The touchscreen is unresponsive... I call the Sprint store up and they have no new ones to swap me to so I will have to settle for one that someone else has returned but I was curious how or even if the programs I bought on the market would transfer.

And also, how can i be sure my contacts are synced online so when I login with the new phone, the contact will just add themselves?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Use Appbrain, create a list with all your apps.

Download appbrain sync on the new phone, re-download all your apps.

3. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Your paid apps will be available if you are signed in to your gmal account.

If your current phone has synced your contacts to google as soon as you log into your gmail account on the new phone your contacts will sync back to you.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If you've paid for any applications, they will follow the google account that you logged into the phone with. The same follows with your contacts, any that you have added into your phone book (as long as you have the phone set to sync up every once in awhile when you add someone) will follow the google account.

As far as applications that you have no actually 'bought' (paid for, free), they will not, unfortunately, follow you. Use either Appbrain, or Appdragon. Appdragon just simply compiles a list of the apps so you can go search them.

5. Selfdestruct

Selfdestruct Well-Known Member

heh

i thought that was how appbrain worked too

i likely messed something up when i replaced my EVO as it just resynced the new evo's apps and i lost everything on my first

thankfully i took pictures of all my menus thinking that might happen

again im sure i clicked the wrong button but it wasnt very clear how to resync old apps