• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sweaty phone calls, mess up touch screen.

I'm not a very sweaty person, but its august and I use my phone out side alot. Well any time I get a little bit of sweat on it the touch screen goes haywire, ie the lock screen bar just twitches. And after it unlocks it the home screens twitch back and forth. any body suggest some thing other then a blue tooth, for this problem? oh and anyone else having this issue. I'm using the verizon anti glare screen protectors.

I've had the same problem. Also, after having it in my pocket and having lint get on the screen protector the status bar would slide to the middle and then jiggle around. Technically, the screen should only react to electric impulses, as produced by the human body, but it seems it reacts to stuff on the screen too. Wiping the screen off has always fixed it.

Upvote 0
AND the random screen issues ended up spending $50 on some kind of Game Coin thing for a game I barely play after I had locked the screen and put it back in my pocket. I had no idea until I got home and received a receipt. At first i thought it said $4.99, and was kind of annoyed but then I saw $49.99 and lost it.

:eek:

I immediately went to Google support who sent me the e-mail address for the company. So far neither Google nor the game company has even responded to my requests to have the purchase removed. So I will have to go to my bank.

:mad:

But yeah, it can be an expensive defect on the phone, even if you are really careful about locking it. I'm actually pretty annoyed at Google (and especially the game company--they make Paradise Island, if you care to know) not being more helpful about this issue. A purchase made by a mechanical defect is not a valid purchase.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem of not being able to use my screen when my hands get a little sweaty and the weather is humid. In Houston in summer, I do my marathon trainiing before sunrise. That's why it was disturbing to find that I cannot use my phone once my hands get sweaty. Wiping my hands and wiping the screen do no good. It was dark out when was training the other morning with some friends. I got separated from them, took my HTC HERO out of my fanny pack and tried to call to learn their location. The phone's touch screen would not respond, no matter how many times I wiped it or my hands, so I was forced to complete the run alone in the dark. It was sobering to learn that, when my palms are sweaty, which they would probably be in an emergency, my HERO will be of no use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones