• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dookie1

Jun 25, 2010
This morning: 2.2.1 stock.
Now: 2.3.3 rooted, including the CRT-off animation (which *kills*).

Y'all do good work! Z4 one-click root, then Koush recovery bootloader, then Droid Life rooted 2.3.3 zip install. Hold Breath, cross fingers, reboot, and...

...Came right back up, w/all apps & configs still in place. Amazing.

Has only been a few hours since I did it, but I've tested several of the things that seem to be issues for others. So far, so good.

Quadrant @ ~1700. Feels much smoother. Most significant improvement for me? 802.1x WPA2 authentication works consistently, which it absolutely did not previously. Oh, and the syrupy sweet CRT screen off animation!

This morning: 2.2.1 stock.
Now: 2.3.3 rooted, including the CRT-off animation (which *kills*).

Y'all do good work! Z4 one-click root, then Koush recovery bootloader, then Droid Life rooted 2.3.3 zip install. Hold Breath, cross fingers, reboot, and...

Quadrant @ ~1700. Feels much smoother. Most significant improvement for me? 802.1x WPA2 authentication works consistently, which it absolutely did not previously. Oh, and the syrupy sweet CRT screen off animation!

My WPA2 stopped working on all routers after I went to GB. Are you saying this is a different version or modified version for GB?

Thanks,
-bob

Upvote 0
GB is pointless, froyo is where its at... until liberty gets a GB rom working :)

Funny story. I SBFed back to 2.2 and loaded Rubix - all fresh, everything wiped. Let the market restore my apps. After that, I have no lock screen. At all. Doesn't matter what I do, no lock screen. And, to add to it, I only have "Reboot" and "Power Off" in the power options. So I'm going wtf because this has never happened to me. I figure it's something that GB did, so I flash BACK to GB and let the market restore my stuff - same problem.

I'm not sure what I had installed or what the market was doing that would kill my lock screen, but after I told it to not restore apps, it's all good. Chillin' on GB like a pro.

So, moral of the story: Check apps first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones